No replies so I'll ask here

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaGirl

5 Year Member
I posted under specific but did not get any replies so I'm hoping maybe someone will have an idea here. I have a 6 week old Hermann's I would like to know what an average weight gain is. I plan to weigh once a week for now. This week was a 3g gain. Is there any certain amount I should look for or get concerned over. He is very active and eats great so I'm thrilled for that. Thanks in advance. Oh and here's a quick pic of him after his lunch yesterday :) ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1363868326.963245.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
Tortoises all grow at different rates. Don't be overly concerned with weighing. What you want to watch for is a trend. As long as the tort is not on a losing trend, don't worry. Also 3g is such a little amount, having a bowel movement can cause more than a 3g spread. If he's eating, and active and not on a losing trend, don't worry about it.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
I always weigh mine after they've soaked/pooped, so that's kinda the baseline...otoh, as long as your pet is eating and pooping, it's growing...at it's own rate.

As Laurie, above, pointed out, all tortoises grow at different rates, and out of a litter, some will grow faster than others, but as long as your's is eating and growing, it's all good!

Status
Not open for further replies.