Now im even more undecided

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattk

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
delaware
Well i was going to be getting a redfoot tortoise but now im torn. i just saw a marginated tortoise and really like them to. unfortunatly i can not get both right now due to my better half. i want both so its going to be hard to decide when i go to the reptile show next month

martinfre

5 Year Member
Cologne, Germany
you have to think about the space, you have for the tort.

redfoot = about 20 inches
marginated = about 10 inches

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
You also need to think about keeping the peace in your house, don't want your wife pissed at you...

mattk

5 Year Member
delaware
Space is not a problem. i just cant decide which one plus i def have to keep the wife from being mad lol

C

Claireabbo

he yeah i would suggest you keep the wife happy ;) but if it would make her even happier you could get a marginated since they are smaller! :D just an idea! :D

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Matt you just say, "Listen here Judith! I'm getting both torts whether you like it or not! I'm the man of this house... the king of this castle."... and then RUN for your life!!! :D:D

martinfre

5 Year Member
Cologne, Germany
mattk said:
... i def have to keep the wife from being mad lol

I have had the experience that women fell in love, when they first see a tortoise baby in real life :D

AnthonyC said:
Matt you just say, "Listen here Judith! I'm getting both torts whether you like it or not! I'm the man of this house... the king of this castle."... and then RUN for your life!!! :D:D

haha lol

C

Claireabbo

yes that is true if a woman sees a baby tort they will autimatcally fall in love :) but uh anthonyC that would not go over well.... hehhe :p

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
I know, I know... I was 100% kidding! I definitely WOULD NOT have my torts w/out permission! :D:)

Claireabbo said:
yes that is true if a woman sees a baby tort they will autimatcally fall in love :) but uh anthonyC that would not go over well.... hehhe :p

martinfre

5 Year Member
Cologne, Germany
AnthonyC said:
I know, I know... I was 100% kidding! I definitely WOULD NOT have my torts w/out permission! :D:)

Claireabbo said:

so we have to learn: woman > tortoise :D

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Haha, sometimes it is man>dog>tortoise...:D
I would also think about where you live, as eventually, if possible, you want to keep them at least part of the year outside.
Not that we can replicate their native weather conditions, but will our weather just make it too hard to keep them as easily? Hottest temps, humidity, etc.
Size is definitely important.
Good luck!

mattk

5 Year Member
delaware
Thanks everyone. oh and my wife can run pretty fast not sure if i could outrun her lol. since i lve in delaware and its pretty humid here i might just stick with getting the red foot

C

Claireabbo

AnthonyC said:

Claireabbo said:

hehehe i would not be a happy camper if my boyfriend did that! :D :p

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.... Oh forgiveness comes easier with a nice pandora bracelet and a nice diner out. ;)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am going to be different then the rest and say, go with the Marginated. Redfoots are a dime a dozen, so you can go to just about any show, any pet store, any list showing tortoises for sale and find one. That is not true with the Marginated. Get the more uncommon one now and then once your wife falls for it, then you can get the Redfoot also. :cool:

Question is, are you just planning on picking an animal up at the show or are you putting one on hold to get at the show?

mattk

5 Year Member
delaware
i am going to try and pick one up at the show. i dont have one on hold. this is going to be a early christmas present from the wife so it took alot of convincing to even be able to get one. i will have to see what the costs are for both and go from there. the only thing is were we live its probably to humid for a marginated[/i]

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am pretty willing to bet, your only going to find the Redfoot at the show.

Which if your trying to win over the wife, a young Redfoot (actually a Cherryhead is even better) is the better option. Reasoning is to most folks the brighter colored tortoise (along with a younger one) is more visually attractive to folks and thus easier to "fall for".

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
AnthonyC if my OH said to that to me he'd get a smack in the gob and be sleeping on the floor for a week!

I don't know your wife but if it were me, personally, i'd fall in love with the marginated rather than the redfoot.
I like redfoots but i think marginated (and no offence ladies) are more a ladies tortoise whereas redfoot more a mans tortoise.

I don't know why but thats how i feel about it.
If my OH was trying to win me over i'd love him forever if he bought me a marginated tortoise back from a show. Probably as well because they are really hard to get hold of - over here anyway - i've only ever seen pictures of them.

C

Claireabbo

i agree! :D if he brought me home a baby tortoise what ever kind it was i would be so happy! :D but thats just me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.