Ojai sulcata project

J H

5 Year Member
I just read their sulcata info on temps / soaking ect. Seems to be TOTALLY different than what is posted here. Just wondering who seems more correct? I have read a lot of Toms posts / info. I have been raising Roxy based on Toms advice and it seems to work for me. Roxy is smoothing out and eating great ( higher humidity / higher temps ect). I'm just wondering how info can be so different.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Too many are still standing by the old stuff before we knew better. That's why a lot of the older tortoises are pyramided and even having MBD. Stick to the info on this forum and you won't go wrong. Even though this forum too has a few different ways of doing things, the show of proof should tell you what works best.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Our information is slanted for the new, first time tortoise-keeper, but is good info for everyone. The Ojai people have a big herd of sulcatas, but are doing things the old school way. You can't go wrong by following our care sheets and articles.

J H

5 Year Member
That's what I have been doing and it's worked great! I was just curious on that group

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
The Ojai rescue been doing it a long time. And they have weather that's different then most places. They are by the ocean but up in the hills so they get the heat. The person that place I think is old and slowly homing a lot of them. Not 100 percent tho. There are a few rescues up in Ojai

Kyle

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I just can't type it all again…

Anyone want to search up the last 10 times we've discussed this?

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I've been to that place. But I was thinking of another person that's been rescuing in ojai. I'm sure there are a few people up there with torts.

Kyle