Omg this poor tort

Chubbs the tegu

Location (City and/or State)
Ma
97BA6461-8BA5-4E26-B4DE-E333350CE7F8.jpeg So my girlfriend was at pet store grabbing me some dubias and she sent me a pic of this sulcata someone dropped there :(

Flora Belle's keeper

5 Year Member
North Georgia
View attachment 278668 So my girlfriend was at pet store grabbing me some dubias and she sent me a pic of this sulcata someone dropped there :(

Looks terrible. Looks like it could possibly be an external parasite maybe a bot fly under the skin?https://m.petmd.com/reptile/conditions/skin/c_rp_external_parasites
Just a thought...sometimes pet stores will release an injured animal that they feel will die or even sell it for less money to someone knowledgeable and willing to help it, if you know of someone willing to step in and help. I can’t, i unfortunately have my hands full and live in Georgia. It would require some money in too with vet care. I have done that in the past though with a sickly pet store tortoise that did get well.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Im hoping the store does the right thing for the lil guy and gets it some care

Flora Belle's keeper

5 Year Member
North Georgia
Hate to say it, but probably not likely. I have seen horrific things happen where pet stores are concerned. The animals are often just considered inventory and a “write off” taken.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's quite a cavern at that nostril.

TortoiseHaven

Amman, Jordan
I rescued 2 tortoises from a pet shop. Only one made it. They had no food, no water, overcrowded condition in a glass aquarium and no medical care. Any pet shops that neglect a tortoise like this should be reported for animal cruelty and the pet shop should be closed and the animals be given the care they need.
Looking at the picture of the poor Sulcata , I am crying for her. Poor, poor tortoise. How can anyone be so cruel and heartless?

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I rescued 2 tortoises from a pet shop. Only one made it. They had no food, no water, overcrowded condition in a glass aquarium and no medical care. Any pet shops that neglect a tortoise like this should be reported for animal cruelty and the pet shop should be closed and the animals be given the care they need.
Looking at the picture of the poor Sulcata , I am crying for her. Poor, poor tortoise. How can anyone be so cruel and heartless?
That tortoise was actually dropped off at the pet shop by somebody. But i agree a lot of pet shops have no clue how to properly care for the animals

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Im not even sure its still there and i have a full house right now. I wish i could help every sick animal i come across but just not possible