One of my fav turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katherine

5 Year Member
This pretty little lady is one of the friendliest box turtles I own. The sulcatas and leopards are always sociable but most my box turtles evade me- it's cool to have a few with great personalities and infinite curiosity about humans. Anyways I just love her and wanted to share her here : ) She has some old shell damage but is beautiful none the less and a true enjoyment for me to keep. Love for a turtle is an awesome thing : ) : ) : ).
55292800.jpg

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
She is beautiful! How old/big is she?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
She is GORGEOUS! I love brightly colored Three Toed girls, and she is definitely bright!

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Wow, she is amazing! I've never seen a three-toed that brightly colored. She has a fantastic face!

Steve

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
What sort of filter did you apply to make that image?

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
oh now that I read Steve's' post...I can see that she is enhanced in color...lol

Katherine

5 Year Member
lisa127 said:
She is beautiful! How old/big is she?

She's was a full grown adult ten years ago when she became ours... So older than that but I have no idea by how much. She still lays fertile eggs, so she can't be tooo ancient. She's smaller than most my females about 5 1/2 inches long with a really high dome

supremelysteve said:
What sort of filter did you apply to make that image?

I took it on my iPhone haha. I actually have an awesome Canon but am too lazy to use it, take pics and upload them as I only use the forum on my phone. Plus I don't usually intend to photograph the tortoises, and so only have my phone on my when they make themselves available. So to answer your question, it's a regular I phone photo with a water drop blur on it.

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
jojodesca said:
oh now that I read Steve's' post...I can see that she is enhanced in color...lol

I was referring to the blurred margins and the black framing, not color.

katherine said:
I took it on my iPhone haha. I actually have an awesome Canon but am too lazy to use it, take pics and upload them as I only use the forum on my phone. Plus I don't usually intend to photograph the tortoises, and so only have my phone on my when they make themselves available. So to answer your question, it's a regular I phone photo with a water drop blur on it.

Well, I like it.

I shoot canon as well (50D), but even with nice lenses, they don't do everything. I get many spontaneous shots with my android phone or my canon point and shoot.

Katherine

5 Year Member
katherine said:
This pretty little lady is one of the friendliest box turtles I own. The sulcatas and leopards are always sociable but most my box turtles evade me- it's cool to have a few with great personalities and infinite curiosity about humans. Anyways I just love her and wanted to share her here : ) She has some old shell damage but is beautiful none the less and a true enjoyment for me to keep. Love for a turtle is an awesome thing : ) : ) : ).

This little lady laid 5 eggs today! She usually only does 2 or 3. I don't even know where she fit them all! So pleasantly surprised.

Katherine

5 Year Member
Thank you!
turtlemann2 said:
Wonderful! my top clutch was only 3 :) Yay for eggs!

How large are your girls? It's not unusual for me to get five eggs from some of my bigger females but this little lady is so... well little!

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
well this is my first year with all of them laying! im sure this summer when my gulfs lay ill be getting some large clutches :) most hadnt been with a male and thus the occational egg was laid at random and usually not buried

Status
Not open for further replies.