Ornate Box Turtle Enclosure

ztman223

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ohio
So I'm moving my enclosures this spring and I just finished my Terrepene ornata ornata enclosure. I was really digging the final product so here it is. I will probably seed it with some prairie wildlfowers to finish off the prairie aesthetic and I want to add a board around the top to prevent them climbing out. It's an 8'x16' enclosure, I have a few clumps of ornamental grasses from their old enclosure that I've transplanted. The culvert goes down about 20" under the ground and it's about a 18"x18" area filled with sand and before I put them in I'll have it mixed with peat humus. I had to make some repairs on the lid part of the underground hide so it's not show, but it's designed so I can take it off and check on them underground. The southern side of the mound of the underground bunker is a mix of sand and #8 gravel so they can lay eggs because my soil is fairly high in clay. I have digging preventions around the walls so I may make a "sand pit" to near the wall. I plan to introduce them this week. ornates 3.jpgornates 1.jpg