Outdoor summer pad

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
This is my Tortoise Murphys spring/summer home. He stays out here in the day and comes inside at night. I started clearing it out and Tilling it to get ready to plant a couple weeks ago.IMG_20200309_093531912.jpg
I've been hard at work planting seed mixes and bulbs for a few weeks and it's come along nicely. I still want to add a few ferns and this year I'm going to try my luck at a banana tree too.IMG_20200411_172355427.jpgIMG_20200411_172332839.jpgIMG_20200411_172318096.jpg

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
This is my Tortoise Murphys spring/summer home. He stays out here in the day and comes inside at night. I started clearing it out and Tilling it to get ready to plant a couple weeks ago.View attachment 290543
I've been hard at work planting seed mixes and bulbs for a few weeks and it's come along nicely. I still want to add a few ferns and this year I'm going to try my luck at a banana tree too.View attachment 290546View attachment 290547View attachment 290548
Looks awesome bro!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Id love to move down to a warmer climate rn .. but my fam here and i just cant do it rn

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Banana trees are very very easy! Basically a large grass that needs lots of water. Our Sully loves to eat banana leaves, plus they provide lots of nice shade.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Banana trees are very very easy! Basically a large grass that needs lots of water. Our Sully loves to eat banana leaves, plus they provide lots of nice shade.
The neighbors down the road have one and every time I walk my dog I think how cool one would look in Murphys pen.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
This is my Tortoise Murphys spring/summer home. He stays out here in the day and comes inside at night. I started clearing it out and Tilling it to get ready to plant a couple weeks ago.View attachment 290543
I've been hard at work planting seed mixes and bulbs for a few weeks and it's come along nicely. I still want to add a few ferns and this year I'm going to try my luck at a banana tree too.View attachment 290546View attachment 290547View attachment 290548
The musa basjoo banana tree will do great where you live. I grow them here in the Northern Neck of Virginia. I have people stopping by asking for leaves for cooking or wanting whole plants to grow. I dug 5 yesterday and gave them to a Philippene lady because they remind her of home. A central American man stopped by last week wanting some plants for the leaves to use for cooking. I also have people stopping by asking for cactus which they can have all they want for free.

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
It looks great! You’re lucky to have your torts spending a bit of time outside already. I’m in the middle of another snow storm. We already got at least 2 inches of snow this afternoon and are expecting another 6 inches tonight and tomorrow. ?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
It looks great! You’re lucky to have your torts spending a bit of time outside already. I’m in the middle of another snow storm. We already got at least 2 inches of snow this afternoon and are expecting another 6 inches tonight and tomorrow. ?
Where's spring? The rest of the week is rainy & snowy here, too.