Overheating, previous penile amputation.

cooky_luvs

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Garland, Texas
I’ve been meaning to post an update but every time I think to something comes up. Anyway, Smaug did end up having elevated white blood cell count, pointing to infection.

He did a whole nother course of antibiotics. He seems OK but still super low energy and doesn’t really want to do anything but he does eat. He just eats and then goes and lazes around all day. It’s really hard to know what is an actual problem versus him still adjusting from the whole surgery and overheating situation and everything. Totally unlike him to not be trying to constantly escape his pen to get to females, but that could just be his new normal after amputation or he could possibly still have something underlying. I may take him back for another blood test soon to double check that there’s not STILL an infection. I’m just not happy with his energy levels, but overall he’s not doing too bad.

Alex and the Redfoot

Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus
I’ve been meaning to post an update but every time I think to something comes up. Anyway, Smaug did end up having elevated white blood cell count, pointing to infection.

He did a whole nother course of antibiotics. He seems OK but still super low energy and doesn’t really want to do anything but he does eat. He just eats and then goes and lazes around all day. It’s really hard to know what is an actual problem versus him still adjusting from the whole surgery and overheating situation and everything. Totally unlike him to not be trying to constantly escape his pen to get to females, but that could just be his new normal after amputation or he could possibly still have something underlying. I may take him back for another blood test soon to double check that there’s not STILL an infection. I’m just not happy with his energy levels, but overall he’s not doing too bad.
Poor guy! Thank you for the update. I wish him to get well soon.