Pancake not doing well

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Pancakes tend to be rather shy and easily stressed. I would discontinue the daily soaks and trips outside. If the enclosure is in a high traffic area, move it to somewhere quiet and undisturbed.

Keep the temps up in its indoor enclosure and mist or splash the the outside of the hide daily with a little water just before placing the food. Then leave the room or cover the enclosure so that it cannot see movement from outside. Do not be tempted to peek. Check after dark or the following day to see if any food was eaten.

It has been almost a month since the original post. Have you taken it to the vet yet? Any Dx from him/her? How long was the Baytril regimen? Injected or oral? Has it ended yet? Antibiotics can decrease their appetite during and shortly after treatment.

You may also want to consider changing the substrate to cypress mulch unless you are using the 'chunky style' coconut coir. The finer ground coir is very acidic and if ingested can cause distress.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
WHEN I FIRST GOT MY MALE PANCAKE , HE WAS SKINNY AND CRABBY. WOULD NOT EAT SO, I SOAKED HIM. HE DRANK SO MUCH WATER. MADE ME FEEL BETTER. THEN I TRIED EVERYTHING I COULD TO GET HIM EATING. I WENT OUT TO MY YARD ,GOT SOME NICE JUICEY CLOVER IN A POT. HE WENT TO TOWN ON IT. I HAVE THE PIC. MAYBE YOU COULD TRY CLOVER? GOOD LUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.