Panicking! Please advise! (I've got eggs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HannahVictoriaxo

5 Year Member
RE: Panicking! Please advise!

Sorry I haven't managed to take a pic yet! I'm trying not to touch them too much for fear ill kill something. I've just double checked the rest of the eggs, and most of them look empty but I found another egg today, but instead of a dark circle inside the egg, there's a pale white circle. What does this mean?

RGB

5 Year Member

Eggs (whether fertile or not) often develop air bubbles inside of them. Often on top but can occur anywhere on egg. It has more of a translucent or clear appearance when illuminated. True sign of fertility will be the increasing darker band on illumination that appears white on the outside of shell (chalking).

And I agree, it is a good idea to keep disturbance of the eggs to a minimum.

Bob

HannahVictoriaxo

5 Year Member

I checked the other eggs today, and found two more possible fertile ones. heres the dark circle I see. Can anyone confirm?

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Panicking! Please advise!

Congratulations. What a cool experience. Hope you will keep sharing the whole process

Two kids, One husband, One Hines57, One Leopard Tortoise, and a room at the sanitarium lol

RGB

5 Year Member

It's really tough to tell from pic. If it is grey on illumination and has slowly expanded to cover top of egg it should begin to grow vessels and an embryo. However it's hard to exclude a bubble in the pics....
All I can say is cross your fingers and be patient. Best of luck, and keep us updated. Hatching even one would be exciting!
Bob

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Good luck!!! Please keep us posted!! I'm very excited for you!

HannahVictoriaxo

5 Year Member
hey guys, ive so far now got 5 eggs that are showing the black circle. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but im excited! What is the next stage of development? Has anyone got any pictures from their own experience of the next stage, so I know what to look for?
Thanks for all the help given so far and well wishes!

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
That's exciting! Hope things keep going well

Two kids, One husband, One Hines57, One Leopard Tortoise, and a room at the sanitarium lol

RGB

5 Year Member
Hi, I'm just curious how things are going?
Have you been able to see vessels forming yet on illumination? There should be by now and that will be a guaranteed sign of fertility.
Bob

HannahVictoriaxo

5 Year Member
They still have till the end of this month, but I don't see any development in the eggs. They just sort of stopped at the dark circle at the base. There are no veins or anything. :(

heidiboo75

5 Year Member
I have no experience with incubation unfortunately, hopefully someone more experienced will drop by soon.. From what I've read on here I would keep persevering and not stop incubating yet.. I will watch this thread with interest.. Got everything crossed for you.. Hope someone with more knowledge comes by soon for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.