Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I generally wash the item then nuke it in the microwave for a few minutes until its soft enough to get a knife through. Not too soft, just soft enough.

Yvonne

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Well, I cut up the butternut into small blocks and cooked it last night (I boil water in a pot and put the metal sifter/strainer ontop of the pt, so the bottom is in the pot, put the butternut in and its steams it :) ) And then I let some cool, took a mini helping to test on Tallula on froze the rest. TALLULA LOVED IT ! She still has butternut on her face this morning, she just wolfed it down ! YIPPEE !!!! So Miss Picky Pants only likes the real thing HAHA

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
See Stacy "Miss Picky Pants" really does know whats good for her. And good for you.:)

Stazz

5 Year Member
Hahahaha yeah absolutely Robyn !!! I'm so glad she liked it :D Thanks for allll your advice everyone, Nick, Tallula & I thank you :)
So ya think I should start eating butternut too eh? Haha.

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
LOL, Stace, of course you should give it a shot too, lol! Baked with some butter melted on it, perhaps adding a touch of cinnamon; we like it at our home. :p Of course, the snortie torties don't get the added touches, just the real deal. ;)

So glad to see Tallula loved it so well.
Bon Appetit!
Purpod

Stazz

5 Year Member
hehe thanks for the tip Purpod !! I tried it years ago and hated it lol, and it was made plain, so will try it with our roast lamb tomorrow night :D Cinnamon and all!

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Stace ~ here's hoping it was tasty (sometimes tastes change, so you just never know!).. but where's my invite for the roasted lamb? lol, MMMMmmmm... lamb! :p (as if I were Homer Simpson saying "mmmm, beer", lol!)

Blessings,
Purpod

Stazz

5 Year Member
LOL !!! The lamb was AMAZING, my man sure does know how to cook! And I loved the butternut :D He hated it though haha. I will send an invite for the next lamb roast :D

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...During off season for butternut or pumpkin, you can get the canned 100% pumpkin in the pie fillings section at the grocery. I put left overs in an ice cube tray & put it in the freezer til I need it. It thaws in just a few minutes.
Patsy

Stazz

5 Year Member
Patsy that is SO clever to put the left overs in the ice cube tray !!! I was racking my brains over the wknd thinking how can I defrost only a little bit of the mass of frozen butternut...there I was chipping off pieces with a spoon !!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.