PepperJack, my B&W Tegu

Jimb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado Springs, Co.
Approximately 8 months old, I've had him/her about a month now, purchased from Rodney of TegusOnly in Florida.
He/she is coming along pretty well. Currently in a 4'x2'x2' enclosure with a small humidifier inside. Substrate is a mix of Coir, Earth, and Play sand. I'll be building a larger enclosure this Summer.
I also belong to Tegutalk .. a great place for Tegu info.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Nice.

I'm not a fan of the sand. I just watched one of my vets open up a b&w tegu and remove a big blockage that was mostly sand. My prefer substrate for them when indoors was orchid bark or coco chips.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, he's beautiful. I really want a B/W but I just don't think I have the room for the adult size without him being in my basement. Which I don't want to do, as when I read up on them, they need a lot of attention/interaction to stay calm and friendly.
What are your plans for when he's full size?
Keep updating with pics.

Jimb

5 Year Member
Colorado Springs, Co.
Wow, he's beautiful. I really want a B/W but I just don't think I have the room for the adult size without him being in my basement. Which I don't want to do, as when I read up on them, they need a lot of attention/interaction to stay calm and friendly.
What are your plans for when he's full size?
Keep updating with pics.

I'll be building an 8'x4'x3' enclosure downstairs with a twin mattress on top I'm thinking. I've also thought of bunk beds with PJ's enclosure on the bottom instead of a bed, however I think I'm getting too old to be climbing up! LOL ... I sometimes sleep downstairs when the upstairs bedroom gets too hot in the summer time. Tri-Level homes are a real pain to heat & cool. We spend most of our time in the family room which is downstairs as well, so spending time with PJ won't be a problem. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'll be building an 8'x4'x3' enclosure downstairs with a twin mattress on top I'm thinking. I've also thought of bunk beds with PJ's enclosure on the bottom instead of a bed, however I think I'm getting too old to be climbing up! LOL ... I sometimes sleep downstairs when the upstairs bedroom gets too hot in the summer time. Tri-Level homes are a real pain to heat & cool. We spend most of our time in the family room which is downstairs as well, so spending time with PJ won't be a problem. :)
Are you serious, or pulling my leg with the mattress or bunk bed? I don't think you need to sleep with them. However, could be a cool enclosure

Jimb

5 Year Member
Colorado Springs, Co.
Are you serious, or pulling my leg with the mattress or bunk bed? I don't think you need to sleep with them. However, could be a cool enclosure

LOL! We have a bed downstairs for when it either gets too hot upstairs for me, or when I go through one of my coughing spells. I spend the night downstairs so as to let the wife get some sleep. There's not enough room in the spare bedroom downstairs for both a bed and a large enclosure, so I thought I might try combining them. :)

Something like this only I'd want a 8'x4'x3' high with a Twin Bed on top.

Bed1.jpg

The other idea is to built the enclosure high enough off the floor that I could slide a Trundle Bed back & Forth from underneath. (Might be a better idea. ;)
Bed2.jpg

BILBO-03

I think that's a great idea! These guys grow pretty fast don't they?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
LOL! We have a bed downstairs for when it either gets too hot upstairs for me, or when I go through one of my coughing spells. I spend the night downstairs so as to let the wife get some sleep. There's not enough room in the spare bedroom downstairs for both a bed and a large enclosure, so I thought I might try combining them. :)

Something like this only I'd want a 8'x4'x3' high with a Twin Bed on top.

View attachment 203372

The other idea is to built the enclosure high enough off the floor that I could slide a Trundle Bed back & Forth from underneath. (Might be a better idea. ;)
View attachment 203373
So love both ideas. Got to see pics when you get it done, pleeeaaassseee:D

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
Love him so much. I would love to get either a Monitor or a tegu when I have more room to keep larger reptiles.