Permanent nose damage?

LilGaylordGirl

Location (City and/or State)
Zieglerville, PA
Hey guys long time no talk! I have a predicament going on. My sister's coworker just gave us a red foot tortoise named Reptar, when we arrived to pick him up we were told that he kept banging his head into the side of his tank because it was a fish tank, so ya know he wanted to escape... I was wondering if the damage done is permanent, and if not is there anything we could use to help him heal? I'll add some pictures, sorry if they're not the best. Thank you in advance!

5722.jpeg 5734.jpeg 5735.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The only thing I see wrong (besides the pink nose from bumping the glass, which is not 'damage') is the over shot under jaw. This is caused by not enough calcium while growing. You can have it trimmed back a tiny bit every month or so until you have it back where it belongs, and be sure to feed calcium-rich foods along with either a GOOD UVB light or some sunshine.

LilGaylordGirl

Zieglerville, PA
Thank you! I didn't know what to call it per say... can you give me any recommendations on calcium rich foods and amounts? We want to do right by this guy. Any advice would great!