PICS!!! Meet Dozer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadk

10 Year Member!
Dozer is a 12 (roughly) yr old Sulcata. His previous owner had him for about 10 yrs. He had to move from his house to an apartment and couldn't take his tort. So now he's mine!

Dozer came with a small heated tort shed. Needs some work to be ready for winter, but it is doing the job fine for now. He has the full side yard to himself. Tons of yummy weeds all to himself. I do have the smaller pens in there for the boxies and Russian tort and tiny Sulcata (Thunder). But they take up very little room and give him something to explore.

So here's Dozer (the name the boys and I chose for him):

26836_54186_Large_CagYSJWan081qCM.jpg

26836_54187_Large_FUuxZgVLJR0ZBhC.jpg

26836_54188_Large_eXP6jpcqHn.jpg

26836_54189_Large_z2uM7eioeQUi2rX.jpg

As you can see, he is clearly traumatized from the move and lost all his appetite... lol

26836_54190_Large_3estGAzSzQq4q.jpg

26836_54191_Large_jHd1fkzBOTbf.jpg

26836_54192_Large_Dzwh1nS2t2KZI4.jpg

26836_54194_Large_NrhpH2OXwWuy.jpg

26836_54195_Large_mC7AsF3Yp3.jpg

26836_54185_Large_GsQvoDuqmjW5K.jpg

Oh, and here's a new pic of Thunder. Need to put thunder on the back of Dozer so you can see the size difference.
Thunder is doing great. Eating well. Getting lots of exercise. Still a little shy, but getting better. His shell is WAY better now. Very hard to the touch and darker than when I got him. He's very solid feeling in the hand - not light weight and soft and hollow shelled like when I got him.
Thunder the tiny Sulcata:
20308_54200_Large_vGA7z137XDfk.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

Dozer is beautiful Chad...his previous keeper did a very nice job of raising him. It aways makes me sad when someone has to give up an animal they've had for so long. But it looks like Dozer will settle right in...Good job!

chadk

10 Year Member!
Thanks Maggie. I always love seeing pics of Bob. Now I have my own big tort to take pics of. He's not nearly as big as Bob yet (guessing 30lbs - will weigh him today), but will get there :)

M

Maggie Cummings

You DO realize he's not as pretty as Bob, and he won't have the great personality Bob has??? Dontcha??? ha ha :p

chadk

10 Year Member!
Uh oh, sounds like Maggie is getting worried about new competion. Don't worry - Bob is a celebrity. Dozer has an up hill battle :)

Greg T

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
League City, TX
Good looking tort! It won't be long before you have to cut the door to his house bigger! I'm glad he settled in well for you. Post more pics when you have time.

Maggie, nobody has a tort like Bob!! Definitely one of a kind! :p

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Dozer is a beautiful tort Chad, he is very photogenic :D
Thunder is looking good too, I am glad he is with you and your family now!

M

Maggie Cummings

Yes, I forgot to say anything about Thunder...He is lucky to have you and as he has healthy growth his carapace will look better...

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
hi, glad thunder is doing so much better and that dozer never skipped a beat, they both look wonderful. smiles

chadk

10 Year Member!
Hey spring - just noticed your sig line... You have sulcata named Dozer?

M

Maggie Cummings

Dozer is her 21 yr old cat. Gali is her Sulcata...(just thought I'd help)

chadk

10 Year Member!

I just weighed him. He's 34lbs. A long way to go before he catches up with Bob...

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Hiya Chad & Crew ~

Looks like lil' Thunder is amazingly better; even just from the pic! So glad that you have him! And yeah, LOL, watch out, Maggs, Dozer is looking very fine too & may just give Bob a bit of a run for his money ~ lol; surely, this purpod peep jests!

Great shots, Chad ~ Ya' done good! :cool:
Blessings to All,
Purpod

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Chad I am so glad you were there to take him in and give him a great home..

He was very lucky he found you... He looks great.. :) Gotta love those faces..

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
WOOOOW Dozer is huge !! he is so gorgeous !!! Kudos to you, I know he'll have a really great home with you and the kids! I just love his eyes, he has such lovely eyes hehe. thunder is SO cute !!! Can't wait for more pics

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Chad, Thunder looks great and Doser is a handsome fella. I looked at him in the pool and thought how on earth did you get that big Sully in that pool? Then I read he is only 34 lbs. He sure looked bigger than that. LOL. What's that light blue round grate thing he is on?

Status
Not open for further replies.