So thought I would play too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackib

5 Year Member
IMG_0580.JPGIMG_0092.JPGI have 2 rescues, Chip and Dozer, they were very malnourished when I got them about 6 years ago. They were 8 years old and only weighed 25lbs AND lived in an apartment where they were puting holes in the drywall. They have now over doubled that weight. Dozer is camera shy and not very photogenic but Chip is a camera and attention hog! Here is Chip resting under our peach tree and trying his best to get in the doggie door :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
So, Jacki:

Its been a couple years since you were worried about moving to California. Are you all settled in and have your tortoises all set up now? Where did you finally decide to land?

Tyrtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arvada, Colorado
Gosh I wish we lived somewhere that we could have sulcatas like that. Hey, is that some sort of pet tag I see on Chip?

jackib

5 Year Member
Hey! Actually after all that distress we ended up not moving, the negatives outweighed the positives.

Man I hope they have not made it to you tube!! who know what they do in their free time though :)

Yep it is a regular pet tag affixed with a shell safe dap of epoxy, we put the epoxy on a part of the skute that was grown so it did not effect their growing. We had a scare when we first moved and the fence was not completed and they busted out of their house snd went on the run. Dozer did not go far but Chip was a goner. Luckily they are big enough that they get noticed, I contacted the news and they did a story on them and the guy that had found him called. So I did a little research and the tag on a large lower skute was the best option. I just can never change my phone number :)

They are too big for the doggie door, but they have been known to sneak in the house before.

Status
Not open for further replies.