Pictures from the reptile show in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA
Here are some pics that I took from when me and my husband went to thr F.I.R.Expo.

They had a lot of snakes there.....
SNAKES.jpg

So pretty.....
ALBINOSNAKE.jpg

And of course TORTS!!!.....
TWOTORTS2.jpg

So many options.....
ALOTOFTORTS.jpg

Very nice.....
TWOTORTS.jpg

These are a breading pair of Sulcatas that are 16 years old. They were $2,500!!! Can't wait till my little Sulcata gets that big.....
TWOSULCATAS.jpg

They had yellow iguanas. This big one wasn't for sale, but the babies were. The babies were $500 a piece!!!.....
ALBINOIGGY.jpg

They also had albino aligators, but not for sale. I want one.....
ALBINOGATOR.jpg

And check this out. This is an Egyptian Uromastyx that was for sale for $2,200!!!.....
EXPENSIVELIZARD.jpg

I hope that you enjoyed the pics! Sorry for the bad quality, I took the pics with my phone.

Jamie

1 Sulcata (Bowser)

www.myspace.com/bowsertortoise

:rolleyes:

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
It's so nice of you to share the photos, Jamie. Thanks. We live in an area where there are no reptile shows nearby so we must live vicariously through people like you who take time to share. Thanks again. Wish we had that big ol' uromastyx!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Great pictures Jamie :D Looks like you had a great time. :D

Danny

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Jamie, I think the pics came out great. Thanks for sharing them with us looks like a good time was had by all. Now I really can't wait for our show in Sept.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Very nice pictures Jamie.

There is a reptile show on sunday here in Montreal, I can't wait to go :D

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
WOW i like the variety of animals they have there. the only show i have been to here in iowa only had snakes. i wish i could go to a show like that!!!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
So much fun going to a show and seeing all the animals isn't it? Did you come home with anything?

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
I can't remember how much the greeks were.

I almost came close to coming home with a cute little redfoot that was a week old. It had a red spot right on top of its head that was in the shape of a heart, so cute and it was really freindly. But I didn't get it.

I started thinking of Bowser, my sulcata, so I wanted to get him something. Since he is getting bigger, his water bowl was getting a little small for him. He will lay in it and he'll take up the whole bowl and push all of the water out (it was very shallow, I was afraid he would drown as a baby). So I got him a new bigger water bowl!!! It's really wide and it is deeper. When I put it in with him, he went right in it and soaked in it, lol. I guess thats a thank you :)

I had a wonderful time. I can't wait till the next one!!!

Jamie

1 Sulcata (Bowser)

CGKeith

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arizona
I haven't seen any of those huge Egyptian Uros in years. I can remember them selling WC adults for $50 at shows back about a dozen years ago. I don't think there was much info on how to care for them back then and most didn't survive in captivity very long.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D You did better then I would have. I have a thing for markings on an animal. The heart marked RF would have been marked sold if I had been there. :D

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Jacqui said:
:D You did better then I would have. I have a thing for markings on an animal. The heart marked RF would have been marked sold if I had been there. :D

It was sooo... close. It was only $60 and it was very friendly.

Jamie

1 Sulcata (Bowser)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
drgnfly2265 said:
Jacqui said:

It was sooo... close. It was only $60 and it was very friendly.

Jamie

1 Sulcata (Bowser)

60$ for a red foot wow. I went to a reptile expo this morning and the cheaper for a tortoise was 400$

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jacqui said:

You'd have had to battle me for it...and I always get there when the doors open the first day!!
Patsy

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
K9KidsLove said:
Jacqui said:

You'd have had to battle me for it...and I always get there when the doors open the first day!!
Patsy

Sounds like folks fighting over sale items at WalMart on the day after Thanksgiving. :D LOL if I am planning on buying, I too get to shows when the doors open. :D But I have a secret weapon...my kids. I send them out on search missions, that way we can find the torts faster....lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.