Pictures of your indoor enclosures!

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
Awesome thanks again for ur advice :) Ill go grab some ceramic heat emitters tomorrow when i get off work, im on a 24 hr shift until 7am tomorrow lol. Do u have any opinions on using a fogger type system with a tube thats inserted into the humid hide and on a timer? I made my own system for my crested geckos with a 5 gal bucket, medical tubing, a nebulizer mask and an underwater air pump and it works amazingly. I was thinking about trying that in my humid hides. Id place the tube under the moss so it doesnt spray the torties but moistens the hide on and off all day.
Advice on a fogger is hard to give when someone is using on an open top enclosure. The reason if it's not warm enough it's a recipe for illness.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Just a few of my tortoise tables i built :) Ones for a baby Hermanns, the corner one is for a baby Sulcata, and the biggest one is for a 1 yr old sulcata.

Can you build me that first one??? ;) That is really cool!!

MsTippy

Haha i def would if u lived nearby lol. Thank you :) It was my very first build of anything lol I quickly learned how to use saws lol. Now im obsessed with building things. Im working on an elevated outdoor enclosure now to keep my babies on the deck so i can supervise them while they enjoy fresh air and sun and i get a tan lol Menards is my new fav store. It cost around $20 total for this one. Its 2ft×4ft maybe a lil less do to my not being able to cut straight w a circular saw oops lol

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Haha i def would if u lived nearby lol. Thank you :) It was my very first build of anything lol I quickly learned how to use saws lol. Now im obsessed with building things. Im working on an elevated outdoor enclosure now to keep my babies on the deck so i can supervise them while they enjoy fresh air and sun and i get a tan lol Menards is my new fav store. It cost around $20 total for this one. Its 2ft×4ft maybe a lil less do to my not being able to cut straight w a circular saw oops lol

Wow, I thought it would be a lot more expensive than that!! It's really cool. I love the shelf and the sleeping place and everything. Super awesome! Too bad I'm not that creative!!! (Or talented!!!)

MsTippy

Aww well thank u :) I used 3 10ft boads for 3.99 each and a pack of wood skrews and a heavy duty shower curtain as a liner so i didnt have to water proof it w toxic sealers. I found the idea on pinterest along with so many other cute tortoise tables aka deluxe tortoise tables as some refer to the as lol. I wanted to give my baby hermanns something to stimulate her and give her exercise so i made stairs and an upper level and feed her up there. She has a mini cabin house thingy i made out of popcicle sticks and hot glue upstairs under the big hide with her name on it since shes so little to make her feel more secure lol.

Buddytheboxie

My reptile room stays between 70 and 75 at night so i havent needed any night time heat. I do have heat mats that are on thermostats that i would add to the top of their wooded box hides if i ever needed. For humidity, i used plastic tuperware containers and cut a hole big enough in one side and added a mix of, coco coir, cypress mulch and moss in the hide and covered it with substrate to make it seem like a natural burrow. I mist the hide once in the morning and i lightly mist around the basking spot leaving the cool end dry for mult climates
Those enclosures are awesome!!! Thank you! But thinking about it I am worried about the ramp. My box turtle is determined to climb over things. If he knows he is. It suppose to he tries to do it lol

MsTippy

Thank you :) Hahaha silly lil tortie lol. With the ramps or anything climbable, i made the walls and or railings on the upper levels to where they cant get footing to climb and the walls on the ramp high enough now so they cant climb lol. I also made them to where i can add another board on top of the origionals to make the sides higher as they grow or just take the ramps out completely just incase i have escape artists lol. The railings and staircases arent glued down, only skrewed in just incase id need to remove them and or the second levels lol. I made sure that they couldnt climb and or fall from any of them bc id feel horrible if one got hurt :( I keep a close eye on them and have a back up plan just incase lol. So i say try it if u want too and just have a back up plan lol.

Buddytheboxie

Thank you :) Hahaha silly lil tortie lol. With the ramps or anything climbable, i made the walls and or railings on the upper levels to where they cant get footing to climb and the walls on the ramp high enough now so they cant climb lol. I also made them to where i can add another board on top of the origionals to make the sides higher as they grow or just take the ramps out completely just incase i have escape artists lol. The railings and staircases arent glued down, only skrewed in just incase id need to remove them and or the second levels lol. I made sure that they couldnt climb and or fall from any of them bc id feel horrible if one got hurt :( I keep a close eye on them and have a back up plan just incase lol. So i say try it if u want too and just have a back up plan lol.
Oh I should definitely keep that in mind! That is a great idea to have the ramps not be glued down. I am still trying to come up with a basic design to fit the layout of my room :/ I know for a fact it won't be 4ft long, but it will be a good 3.5ft. My wall is not that long hehe

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Yes. That is a compact UVB. We see far too many torts with eye problems on TFO that are caused by this type of bulb.

We are not saying your tort will definitely get problems, but many do. Your tort definitely won't get problems with tube UVB or a Mercury Vapor Bulb (MVB)

MadameFizzgig

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
That is awesome! I wish I had that much room!!!!!!! One day he will have a whole wall or half a room to himself.
I'm sure he'll feel like quite the prince when that time comes! Of course, even a relatively modestly sized enclosure when done and decorated properly can still be a lovely home for a tort. I wish you good luck! :)

MadameFizzgig

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Here is mine! :)

Oooh, I love yours. Very professional looking! I'm glad I was able to give my tort the space that I have, but his enclosure isn't ideal. I'd love to have something like what you have (but perhaps outdoors) at some point in the future! I think my little guy would like to be outside in the summer months without me constantly looming over him to make sure he isn't getting in trouble. :p