Plain and simple enclosure or!

SoWrecked

Location (City and/or State)
ozark
So i have a captive bred russian tortoise a little over a year old, i feel bad sometimes because his enclosure is simple and plain its quite big for his size so i know he has room, im planning on building him a outside enclosed enclosure for him before next summer, is there anything i need for him that might make him more active? I have a water bowel and his square tile plate for him to eat off of along with some rocks in a corner and he has his own house i built on the other end for him to use to sleep in / cooldown in. Like is plain and simple the way to go or is there anything i could add to it for him? I feel bad sometimes like im not doing enough because he seems to like to sleep alot but i mean he eats everyday and poops is hefty he isnt skinny and hes lively when he wants to be.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
So i have a captive bred russian tortoise a little over a year old, i feel bad sometimes because his enclosure is simple and plain its quite big for his size so i know he has room, im planning on building him a outside enclosed enclosure for him before next summer, is there anything i need for him that might make him more active? I have a water bowel and his square tile plate for him to eat off of along with some rocks in a corner and he has his own house i built on the other end for him to use to sleep in / cooldown in. Like is plain and simple the way to go or is there anything i could add to it for him? I feel bad sometimes like im not doing enough because he seems to like to sleep alot but i mean he eats everyday and poops is hefty he isnt skinny and hes lively when he wants to be.
Pics please. What size tortoise and what size enclosure?

How about some potted plants?