PLANT ID

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Try to take pictures of your unid plants in situ, the upper right almost looks like a beech tree leaf or a bramble leaf. Can’t quite tell.

Last one.... “possibly” dock, but again, I’m not sure. I’m sure @JoesMum knows these for sure.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Top is bramble - feed in moderation

Middle is dandelion - feed it

Bottom - I have no idea, but it isn’t Dock. Possibly a celandine of some sort. If in doubt, leve it out - those spots look like some sort of warning that it’s not nice anyway!

It’s always easier to identify the whole plant in situ rather than bits of it on a table.

I recommend the Seek app by iNaturalist for plant ID. Point your phone camera at the plant and it works it out for you.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's easier for us to help identify plants when we can see the whole plant growing in the ground.
The top plant looks like a member of the mulberry family - but without seeing the whole plant that's strictly a guess
The middle plant is probably dandelion
The bottom plant looks like the house plant called arrow leaf

But again, strictly guesses.

Voiletthetort

England
It's easier for us to help identify plants when we can see the whole plant growing in the ground.
The top plant looks like a member of the mulberry family - but without seeing the whole plant that's strictly a guess
The middle plant is probably dandelion
The bottom plant looks like the house plant called arrow leaf

But again, strictly guesses.

hey guys sorry the reason i didn’t was because i have to travel to the fields as i dont have a garden, however i have now bought some lives plants and plants to plant myself now, but my question is shall i grow in the table or my window sill? xx

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Can you get us a picture of that bottom plant growing on its stems?

I agree you’ve got a dandelion or close relative there and I’m willing to recommend it as some kind of wild berry (bramble) or rose but I’d feel better if I saw a picture of the whole plant. You’ve got a lot of Americans here trying to ID a plant that may only grow where you are.

Voiletthetort

England
Top is bramble - feed in moderation

Middle is dandelion - feed it

Bottom - I have no idea, but it isn’t Dock. Possibly a celandine of some sort. If in doubt, leve it out - those spots look like some sort of warning that it’s not nice anyway!

It’s always easier to identify the whole plant in situ rather than bits of it on a table.

I recommend the Seek app by iNaturalist for plant ID. Point your phone camera at the plant and it works it out for you.
hey guys sorry the reason i didn’t was because i have to travel to the fields as i dont have a garden, however i have now bought some lives plants and plants to plant myself now, but my question is shall i grow in the table or my window sill? xx

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
If you bought live plants you need to ensure they haven’t been treated with pesticides (things to help it grow are fine, just not things that will kill insects).

Can you tell us what you have and where it came from?

Sorry this is so confusing at first but it gets easier.

Voiletthetort

England
If you bought live plants you need to ensure they haven’t been treated with pesticides (things to help it grow are fine, just not things that will kill insects).

Can you tell us what you have and where it came from?

Sorry this is so confusing at first but it gets easier.
i’ve bought them from a woman on facebook she sells tortoise safe plants she puts them in the top soil so i’m sure they’re safe i’ve seen a few peoples with them.
for my plant i’m making myself i’m using the same soil i use in the table. I’ve bought; Lambs lettuce . pansy. forget me not. evening primrose.
shall i just plant in windowsill or in table xx

Voiletthetort

England
i’ve bought them from a woman on facebook she sells tortoise safe plants she puts them in the top soil so i’m sure they’re safe i’ve seen a few peoples with them.
for my plant i’m making myself i’m using the same soil i use in the table. I’ve bought; Lambs lettuce . pansy. forget me not. evening primrose.
shall i just plant in windowsill or in table xx
I’ve bought a lambs lettuce and an aloe plant

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Sounds hopeful! I would put all of those in the sunniest place you have. Evening primrose won’t be happy inside, I don’t think, but you can try.

Good luck!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Wherever they get the best light. The windowsill is usually best. Trying to grow in a tortoise table is usually futile. They get trampled or eaten to the ground

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
They will eat anything in the enclosure unless a massive yard. . Go for pots on window sill and then snip off leaves and wash/ serve.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
You could probably plant outside now spring is on way if you have any space.

Opuntia

uk
Bottom plant looks like image.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210309-175928.png
    Screenshot_20210309-175928.png
    578.8 KB · Views: 7

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Not sure but if in doubt avoid, I would avoid because of black spots!. Please be aware that any plants with bulbs are a NO inc daffodil, tulip, snowdrop etc..