Plant ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbandy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Are these ok for the tortoise to eat? We have them in our yard but I can't remember what they are.ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1366575081.253474.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Eduvignau

5 Year Member
Mexico City
I saw The tortoise table website and is cool, I didn't know that sulcatas can eat african viola without any risk. I have a lot of them in my backyard. Thanks for sharing!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Yes, yes and yes. Geraniums are fine for tortoises to eat as part of a varied diet. Careful though, they will eat it to the ground given the opportunity.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Geranium flowers are edible. My Greek tortoises do not like the leaves tho, just the flowers. Sulcatas I can see mowing them down, the little eating machines!

I use edible flowers in salads. I shared this edible flower people food list on this thread below. You may also want to research further and cross reference with thetortoisetable.org.uk just to be sure of things :

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/post-657100.html#pid657100

And yes, agree, lotsa variety is key! : )

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Those look like geraniums to me too, but I'm no expert. Someone who KNOWS for sure should verify. I have read they are edible, but none of my tortoise will touch the flowers or leaves. The leaves have a strong, but not unpleasant oder to them.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
They are most definitely Geraniums, good looking ones too!

Status
Not open for further replies.