Plantain?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Any chance I can get plantain seeds from anywhere? People do eat it sometimes right? Or maybe I’m confused with something else. Maybe I’m thinking of dandelion greens

Dandelion - nice open faced bright yellow flower, turns into a fuzzy puff ball of seeds that fly away & reseed.
Plantain - send up a 6 inch or so thin spike that hold the seeds.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
I guess we were fortunate to have this pandemic in the spring time. Not so much for us but for others who live in colder winter climates. People will still be able to forage for tort food through this whole mess. If it came about in late fall people would be forced to go out to the stores more to get fresh greens during the winter months. Always look on the bright side of life!

Indeed. I have a cold and was not willing to expose anyone at the grocery store to it. Fortunately we are still having rain and I was able to grab a big bag of weeds in a few minutes today without getting far out of my car.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Any chance I can get plantain seeds from anywhere? People do eat it sometimes right? Or maybe I’m confused with something else. Maybe I’m thinking of dandelion greens

I think there are plenty of good vendors of seeds out there, particularly those who sell herbs and wild plants especially.

Carolina Tortoise Supply is a vendor often recommended here; they sell straight plantain: http://www.carolinapetsupply.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41&products_id=141.

JoeWells

Morro Bay
I think there are plenty of good vendors of seeds out there, particularly those who sell herbs and wild plants especially.

Carolina Tortoise Supply is a vendor often recommended here; they sell straight plantain: http://www.carolinapetsupply.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41&products_id=141.
Thanks Rosemary. Just ordered some seeds. It will be good to finally have some for my tort, even though it will be a while. At least it’s something to do