Please completely read this post and others

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Norwich CT
Dear TF members/friends,
Recently I have read several responses to posts that indicate that responders had not completely read through the entire thread. In fact, some people have responded in a seemingly insensitive manner, oblivious to the fact that there was an actual death of a member‘s beloved tort. I believe this is not the intent of people here, but please, please, PLEASE take the time to read through the ENTIRE thread so as to actually help people reaching out through this forum. Sometimes that help looks like insensitivity if the person had had to move on to the stage of grief. Offering help and advice for a dead pet can be traumatic.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Yes, I notice the same thing. It's a shame, because a lot of time and energy can go into a long post...if the entire thread had been read, it would have been known that someone else had already responded with the same info.

I laughed at a thread once...the same care sheet was linked to the OP 4 times in one thread!

I think this problem stems from the sheer quantity of posts, and that some threads are many pages long. In this case it is unrealistic to read 32 pages to answer a question. But as we've both noted, it happens in threads that are only 2 pages long.

Thanks for posting this...I think it needed to be brought to light.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We usually read the threads from the top (and I'm including myself in the 'we'), and when we come to a question we know the answer to we try to answer it right away. It's a hard habit to break, and read the whole thread before we answer.