Please report connection issues here

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
Am I the only one having major problems with the forum today? yesterday it was being a bit slow, then today I couldn't get on for an hour. I kept typing in the URL and internet explorer would tell me that it couldn't open the page. I finally got on, have no idea how, but it's being even slower than yesterday.

Anyone ever had a problem like this before?

didn't mean to do it three times sorry, I think it's part of my "super slow" problem.

feline8

5 Year Member
MD
RE: problems getting on to the forum

I agree. Since yesterday, I've been trying to get on the forum but it keeps coming up with an error stating something about too many people being on the forum. Today, it took me forever to get it to load.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal

Yep, I've been having trouble all morning. Th error reads 'page not found'.
Seems to be working now.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere

Good to know that it's probably a forum error and not my computer going all wacky, but it still stinks.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Connection Issues?

Please post here if you're having issues with slowness, connection problems, refused connections, etc.
Please include as much detail as possible about what you were doing (posting, uploading photos, just reading/browsing, etc) as well as what internet browser you're using (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari?)

Thank you!

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
RE: Connection Issues?

I am using Internet Explorer. Yesterday the forum was really slow, sometimes it would say that the system was overloaded or something like that. Today, I tried to get on about two hours ago, and I was told by IE that it couldn't open the page, it didn't tell me why though. After about an hour or maybe a little more, it finally let me on. When posting, it takes forever to load the post, and when it does, sometimes it loads it multiple times. I thought it was just my computer, it's been known to happen before...

My virus protection is telling me that there is a virus threat on the forum, too, and it usually doesn't.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York

I use IE, I cannot access site at all from my computer. I also cannot connect from iPhone app. I can however connect through safari on my phone. It's still sluggish but at least it connects.

I also want to add, I was getting SQL errors yesterday with IE

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama

I was fine this morning (6:30isham) at home on my laptop using Google Chrome (as I always do).

At work, I use Mozilla Firefox. I was completely unable to access TFO from 8am until sometime after 9am. Like futureleopardtortoise, it just gave some error saying it couldn't open up/load the site, didn't specify the reason.

Once I accessed the site, I haven't had any issues posting, uploading threads, etc. Haven't tried to post pics though.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

I had problems connecting about an hour ago that lasted for maybe 20 minutes. Using Firefox, generally browsing/reading/searching. Everything seems fine now.

I tried this site which said the forum was up so I assumed it was something with my ISP/DNS.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

I use chrome and couldn't get on this a.m. I kept getting page not found. No matter which direction I tried, same error. I finally did a GOOGLE search for something related to "tortoise" and when a forum answer came up, I clicked on it and got in.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere

emysemys said:
I use chrome and couldn't get on this a.m. I kept getting page not found. No matter which direction I tried, same error. I finally did a GOOGLE search for something related to "tortoise" and when a forum answer came up, I clicked on it and got in.

I tried doing that and it didn't work for me :(

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida

I have also been having the same issues, I thought it was just on my end!

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

Thanks everyone! Keep the error reports coming in please! I think I've temporarily fixed the max connections problem.

We're outgrowing our server AGAIN though! It's a good problem to have but also a costly one. Maybe we should do a donation drive or something! A car wash? TFO Yard Sale?

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York

I had a problem getting onto the forum as well.

Donations! It is time for everybody to chip-in!!!!!! If we all give just a little bit of money each month, it will help the forum to provide such a rich source of information about our tortoises. PayPal is really easy! ~C

Also, Josh, Maybe you should add a "donation" link on the top of the forum as well as the bottom.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

CLMoss said:
Also, Josh, Maybe you should add a "donation" link on the top of the forum as well as the bottom.

There already is one at the bottom left. :p

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York

jaizei said:
CLMoss said:

There already is one at the bottom left. :p

I don't think that the member see it! I know that it is there. I have donated to the forum in the past. And just did today. ~C

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York

Laurie said:
I would gladly donate as well, I've never notices the donate link!

LOL! See! Just a little bit of money from each of us is helpful. The forum costs money to stay on-line. ~C

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

Thank you to all of our donors, past and present!

The donation link is in the footer or you can click here

Status
Not open for further replies.