Pliable shell

Raymo2477

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eastern, PA, USA
Maybe I'm worried about nothing, but one of my leopards that is about 10 months, around 4" scl, has a some flexibility in its plastron, but just near the middle near the new growth.

The only reason I'm concerned is my other leopard who is smaller, but older (dry start) has a very solid plastron.

Both have all most identical habitats with proper mvb lights and they eat a mix of grass, cactus, and zoomed grass pellets with occasional mazuri. The eat well and are active. Their day temp is 95 basking, 80s ambient.

Thoughts?

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
That is normal with hatchlings it should feel like pressing in a plastic container cover make sure the uvb is still good though you should switch them out every 6 months

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not sure a 10 month old should be pliable. How old is the UVB and what kind is it and how far is it above the tortoises shell? If it's warm where you are, get them outside daily for some natural sun. Be sure they have shade and water.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Also it's hard to say what is exceptable when we can't feel it ourselves. A very slight pliability is fine but anything more for a 10 month I don't think so