Ploughshare tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiated Tortoise

5 Year Member
Can u get ploughshare tortoises in the US? And for what price? What about radiated tortoises?

In China you can get them for $4260. In China you can get tortoises for very cheap prices...

TortBrain

5 Year Member
Phew..
What a price for a tort. Cost more then a albino in my country.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
As no one else has replied... I would imagine there are a few Ploughshares in the USA mostly in zoos, notably the Honolulu Zoo. I have not heard of any private keepers but would imagine they are not keen on publicizing. It is nearly if not totally impossible to get an import permit for them here and I'm guessing more than difficult just to get a Captive Bred Wildlife permit for interstate sale/transport.

With respect to the cost for a 4 inch juvenile, probably astronomical...

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
HLogic said:
As no one else has replied... I would imagine there are a few Ploughshares in the USA mostly in zoos, notably the Honolulu Zoo. I have not heard of any private keepers but would imagine they are not keen on publicizing. It is nearly if not totally impossible to get an import permit for them here and I'm guessing more than difficult just to get a Captive Bred Wildlife permit for interstate sale/transport.

With respect to the cost for a 4 inch juvenile, probably astronomical...

I know of one private keeper that has one, very large and older import. However, he sure does not advertise and can not find a possible mate.

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
LA Zoo no longer had them in 2006. Honolulu is the only US zoo that may still have a few.
If there were legal ways to get them, worldwide, that male mentioned above would have a mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.