Possibly sick tortoise!

JoeyA95

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Hey everyone, I’ve posted a few times before about my tort not eating and her cage not being warm enough. Well I’ve fixed her setup and now the temp is perfect!
But!
I was moving furniture in my room and found black mold all against a wall [emoji31]

I’m bleaching it and calling our property manager tomorrow but I know it can cause flu symptoms and allergies and repository problems in humans and I’m wondering if this could have effected my tort? She’s still a baby. Hasn’t been eating and has been sleeping a lot. I’m pretty worried. I’m going to move her into a different room.

I don’t know if anyone will have an answer but thanks

Chizbad

Wilmington, NC
I guess it really depends how close the tort was to the mold and how long it was around it. If you’re running an enclosed chamber then it probably kept most of the toxins out. You say you have fixed your set up now but could we possibly see it ourselves to better check? Of course I’m not saying you’ve done anything wrong but outdated info usually points first time tort owners to the wrong type of setup in the first place (in the past, myself included)

Bee62

Germany
Hello Joey,

moving the enclosure of your tort in a different room is a good idea, but I don`t think that she is sick from the black mold. As long as it is not directly in her enclosure.