Post/Rank Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Tom and Greg were hoarding all the Rep points...I think only Yvonne had more. I was amused with the little back-and-forth 'competition between David and myself...he'd be up one week...I'd be up the next...then it all ended! I'd love to 'sneak' in to that other forum and rile them up a bit...oinly for the unest they caused here for that dark period!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
http://tortoiseinfo.org/portal.php....her ya go!

I think that Tom gave some wonderful information and posts, and really helped a lot of people, and as much as some don't want to admit it, it started a whole new "topic" and helped a lot of new Sulcata keepers, and everyone so enjoyed all the pictures on movie sets, of his animals, etc., and all the updating of his torts as they grew. So I think he really deserved all those points. As far a Greg goes..wow...I know we all saw pictures that none of us would have ever seen before, with not only pictures but knowledge of those BIG guys that keeps everyone waiting for more...so....I think he deserved all his points too. To be honest with you, I could never understand why anyone would want to bash that, and get nasty about it too. Oh well...........

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
One question about the original question. Does anyone know how many posts,threads,etc are required for the different amounts of stars? I've always been curious about that myself.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm not real sure, but I think the stars are related to your status, for example "Newbie" has one star, next is "Junior member" with 2 stars, then "member" with 3 stars, then "senior member" with 4 stars. I think moderators have a whole line of stars, and anyone can ask Josh or a mod to change their name/status. For example Laura asked if we'd show her as "middle aged member." And I gave myself the moniker "old timer."

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
I would like to change my name to "Captain Awesomer!" HAHAHA! Jusssst Kiddinnnng!!! :D:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hey...Do not even think of be-smirching the name or rank of Captain Awesome!!! One of a kind, he is.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
I humbly withdraw my request! **Bowing down low towards the floor w/hands outstretched** "I'M NOT WORTHY... I'M NOT WORTHY!" ;)

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
LOL. Captain Awesome is a pretty cool title. Well I made it to "member" and yes it has three stars. My main question was just how many posts to reach each rank. But,it doesn't matter really. I was just curious. Oh by the way.... FOUR PAGES :D :D

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Congrats! :cool: I'm a "Posting Freak". I dunno if I like that! ;)

blafiriravt said:
LOL. Captain Awesome is a pretty cool title. Well I made it to "member" and yes it has three stars. My main question was just how many posts to reach each rank. But,it doesn't matter really. I was just curious. Oh by the way.... FOUR PAGES :D :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
DeanS said:
I'd love to 'sneak' in to that other forum and rile them up a bit...oinly for the unest they caused here for that dark period!

Dean please don't do that. Not saying not to join that site, but join it without the intention to cause any trouble or get even mentality.

Folks, I think TFO needs to follow the lead of the other site and not be doing this making of disparaging remarks about other sites. They are not the bad guys, they are just the different guys and site. They have come a long way since their initial start up period, when yes they did do some making of disparaging comments. They have matured, moved on, and are growing into a nice site. We all need to work together for the good of the tortoise community, not get inter site wars started.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I really is a very nice site, and they did a lot of hard work to get it started. I'm sure it will grow as time goes on.

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
There are other Tortoise forum sites?

Why order hamburger when you have a plate full of prime rib?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Because different sites pull in different members, so they tend to each have a bit of a different "flavor" and style of doing things they think is more the way to go. I find it interesting and useful to belong to more then one.

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
I went over there and they really are nice people. I saw no disparaging. I did see some different information and different perspectives. I like both forums.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Jacqui said:
DeanS said:
I'd love to 'sneak' in to that other forum and rile them up a bit...oinly for the unest they caused here for that dark period!

Dean please don't do that. Not saying not to join that site, but join it without the intention to cause any trouble or get even mentality.

Folks, I think TFO needs to follow the lead of the other site and not be doing this making of disparaging remarks about other sites. They are not the bad guys, they are just the different guys and site. They have come a long way since their initial start up period, when yes they did do some making of disparaging comments. They have matured, moved on, and are growing into a nice site. We all need to work together for the good of the tortoise community, not get inter site wars started.

terryo said:
I really is a very nice site, and they did a lot of hard work to get it started. I'm sure it will grow as time goes on.

Well...a friend of mine joined 'over there'...so I did have a peek without having to join...and while they're really just a clone of TFO...it looks nice and I like their no 'bad-mouthing' clause! So, I'm not gonna 'rile' anyone up...I might even join down the road!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.