Post/Rank Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Vermont
I tried to find the answer in the forum already but couldn't. I am just curious if there is a list of "ranks" in TFO and how to achieve them? Is it soley by posts? Or time spent online?

An example is: I am a "Junior Member" now. What is the next rank, and how do I get there?

Thanks! :D

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I dont remember all the different titles but it is by the number of post's you have. Someone will come along with a more detailed answer..

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
blafiriravt said:
I tried to find the answer in the forum already but couldn't. I am just curious if there is a list of "ranks" in TFO and how to achieve them? Is it soley by posts? Or time spent online?

An example is: I am a "Junior Member" now. What is the next rank, and how do I get there?

Trust me, you don't want to know the requirements to get to the rank of "Captain Awesome!" or "The Dog Trainer." :D

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
LOL. I was just curious. My main question was basically answered, all though it would be neat to see everything all laid out.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
HAHAHA! :D:D

jaizei said:
blafiriravt said:

Trust me, you don't want to know the requirements to get to the rank of "Captain Awesome!" or "The Dog Trainer." :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey... all I did was politely ask Josh if he could put that under my username, and he did. :) I never did much care for "posting freak".

We also used to have a "Reputation Points" system that I and many others found useful. If you thought someone was helpful or did a nice post you could give them a "+1" rating and say a few nice words about them. Some members accumulated quite a few of these "rep points" and I enjoyed clicking over and seeing what people had to say about each other.

If enough of us think its still a good idea and bug Josh about it, he might decide to bring them back.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tom said:
Hey... all I did was politely ask Josh if he could put that under my username, and he did. :) I never did much care for "posting freak".

We also used to have a "Reputation Points" system that I and many others found useful. If you thought someone was helpful or did a nice post you could give them a "+1" rating and say a few nice words about them. Some members accumulated quite a few of these "rep points" and I enjoyed clicking over and seeing what people had to say about each other.

If enough of us think its still a good idea and bug Josh about it, he might decide to bring them back.

I sure hope not.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Jacqui said:
Tom said:

I sure hope not.

Is that because you are admittedly mean, won't answer simple questions, and didn't have very many points despite being a moderator?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tom said:
Is that because you are admittedly mean, won't answer simple questions, and didn't have very many points despite being a moderator?

While I am mean, I do answer questions that I feel like I should answer that will help, not create further problems, and sorry I wasn't out to make points.

chase thorn said:
why not? that sounds fun :]

Because it was open to abuse. Friends would give each other points just because they were friends. Negative points could be asked to have removed and they were. Just general abuse of the system.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Jacqui said:
Tom said:
and sorry I wasn't out to make points.

Who was?

ewam

5 Year Member
Southern Ca.
Hey Tom is that what you meant when you said there a few bad apples then they kicked off. Referring to what jacqui said

M

Maggie Cummings

They weren't 'kicked off'. That doesn't happen here. They did cause trouble in my opinion, and I was one of the people who felt they were mean to me. It was a very tense time here and then most left and started another forum. Some of us were automatically banned from their forum and I wasn't even given a chance to see what it was all about. I was just banned. They went and created another forum and did a happy dance and said mean things about TFO. They would read something here and take it over to their group and make fun of us. Some from Great Britain were involved too. I hope answering your question like this does not cause anymore trouble. I left TFO for a couple of months because it was so tense and I felt I was bullied and was not protected. It took quite a while for me to come back and I really don't want TFO to be like that again. I think TFO is a great forum that got too big too fast but there was a close group of us and it was/is a great place to come to, to chat and answer questions for the newbies and create friendships that are close and fun. We don't all agree all the time, but even the disagreements are friendly and sometimes funny and then we agree to disagree and let it go. There is no bullying or tense fights now. I really like it here and am glad I was able to come back and just start over...I really don't want it to be like that again...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
ewam said:
Hey Tom is that what you meant when you said there a few bad apples then they kicked off. Referring to what jacqui said

Things exchanged in a private message should stay private. Go back and re-read it. I never said anyone was kicked off. I said they are gone.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Gosh...I wish I could remember jokes and not mess em up....because it is a great spot for a great joke right about now in this thread.....Captain...where are you with a joke???????? :D:D:D:D:D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
maggie3fan said:
then we agree to disagree and let it go. ..
I don't agree to that.

martinfre

5 Year Member
Cologne, Germany
Tom said:

imo that's a very good idea. like the facebook likes or googles +1

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
hmm that is a pretty good idea, although pretty debatable. I could see where people would use the system to destroy people. ALTHOUGH, from what I have seen in the past week, I personally don't think it should be too much of an issue.
What someone finds "helpful" is kinda highly debatable in my opinion. Words can be read a million different ways depending on a certain person's background and familiarity to those words. how they were used in what context. The care of any animal in any forum depends on a huge array of different things. Someone in Texas obviously would suggest different equipment, substrate and local "weeds" they provide for their tortoise. Humidity is a huge factor a lot of people keep getting caught up in. A lot of people can't grasp the general idea of a range and what equipment they need, and take things too literally. When someone sees a super awesome enclosure that works perfectly out west, people in the north eastcopy that exact same set up, and it doesn't work, so they don't get that +1.
I can see both good and bad points to the topic. I'm thinking what the heck and try it. I think we have a REALLY good group of people here. I'm comfortable enough to write the thread "heartfelt blabber", I don't mind taking some criticism from the same people that read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.