Power outages: What would YOU do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinque

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
What would you do with/for your tort in a power outage? How would you keep it warm? What would you feed it if you were out of those kibble things and your fridge wasn't working to keep those nice, crunchy greens cool? What would you do for humidity? I don't quite know what I'd do, which is why I'm taking it to you guys! 😊

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I invested in a generator and it only takes a few minutes to have "almost" everything back up and running normally when the power is lost.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
If it's that cold, they're not going to be hungry, and torts can go quite a long time w/o food safely.

As for keeping them warm, you may have to be innovative...once we had a 3-day power outage w/ lows around 17F, and I kept a Hermann's and two small (about 5') boa constrictors inside my fleece-lined coat, in pillow cases, right by my ribs and belly. We all survived w/ no health issues.

Obviously, if your tort is a 125# sulcata, this won't work...maybe wrap him/her in a blanket, put him under several quilts, grab your cell-phone, and hunker down underneath with him/her until things get warmer. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.