Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
85 is much too warm to take and shovel poop >.> Really don't know how people here lived before air conditioning.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Cowboy_Ken said:
I wondered if he ever made it to this neck of the woods.

He's over east, right?

Yes, he does. Not real often and not a lot of the state sadly as it is one I really looked forward to going through. I am also not sure where he said this load was going, just know it delivers in the am. :D

RosieRedfoot said:
85 is much too warm to take and shovel poop >.> Really don't know how people here lived before air conditioning.

:D I don't have AC either. :D You learn to do things in the early hours and the late ones.

It's funny the other day I was telling Jeff how hot is was and I couldn't sit long in the truck to talk to him. He told me to turn on the trucks AC. To be honest it never crossed my mind. I very very seldom use it. Instead I go with open windows. :D Jeff is an AC person through and through. :D

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wow, Jacqui, you must really save a whole lot on monthly expenses. I cannot imagine going w/o cable tv and a/c . You work in the early hours and later in the day to beat the heat when you get it. How many weeks of heat do you get before it's fall in Nebraska?

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
My girlfriends sister got me this from target! It's 15x 19 inches. I was very surprised.
560C9D41-27AF-499D-8AF2-17C7A9D4CED5-5008-000002D8320B2720_zpsafe8681e.jpg

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
September is when the break really comes and we no longer have the upper 90's-100's. You know to be honest, I don't think of it as anything different, it's just pretty much how I have always done things. If it gets too hot there are always cold showers or soaks with the hose. I do have a few electric fans that I use mainly to pull in cooler nighttime air. It was only really bad when I worked overnights, so I was trying to sleep in the heat of the day in a room on the west side of the house. :rolleyes: I do enjoy spoiling myself when Jeff comes home and sleep with him in the semi with it's AC... of course now he has another student that will not happen. :D

My youngest child/son is crazy, that boy will be out mowing in the heat of the day, not stopping til he is done. :rolleyes: Which is what he surprised me with today. :D He got a nice sunburn for his trouble. I really didn't need my mowing done yet, but it's nice to not have to do it myself for a few days. Plus he weedeated a spot for me that I can't mow in. ... now to catch him in a really good mood so I can have him dig the holes for a few trees and bushes... :D

Blake m said:
My girlfriends sister got me this from target! It's 15x 19 inches. I was very surprised.

Nice! :)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Blake m said:

That is nice.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Blake m said:

That is so cool. What is it's function?

Jacqui said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
sibi said:
Kerryann, Hens & Bets are so cite in their garden. I think they like it. Cowboy, did you know about the contest? Jacqui, I'm glad you had a pleasant experience after that letdown. Btw, did you get to listen to the YouTube?

Kerryann, the terra cotta planters that hang on a wall is brilliant. Sibi, I had know prior knowledge of aforementioned contest. Jacqui, how's Jeff holding up? Tell him I listen to outlaw country, channel 60 and that bugger eating moron, Mojo Nixon.

Sibi yes I did listen to it. IT's funny I had thought of that song, but then couldn't find it when I did the other two. I loved it.

Ken I am the country music person, Jeff is a little bit rock 'n roll. :D He also has just within the last hour or so, entered the state of Oregon. :D

Yay .. :)
You are quite the amazing person. I get cranky if Mikey is working late or when he works 7 12s and I don't get to see him. :p
That is very odd for me, I am such an independent person and I never felt like that about anyone before I married him.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
All I found online was yellow. :(:( Apparently the white/cream is sold out.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Kerryann, here's a picture of some of the violas that are now 100' from their point of origin.

Well I'll try again. Dang it. Got to delete some pictures.

So using the amazing science of mathematics, and the reality of material at hand, the sulcata outdoor enclosure will only be 50'x50'. Dang that reality.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Kerryann, here's a picture of some of the violas that are now 100' from their point of origin.

Well I'll try again. Dang it. Got to delete some pictures.

So using the amazing science of mathematics, and the reality of material at hand, the sulcata outdoor enclosure will only be 50'x50'. Dang that reality.

What are these mathematics things you speak of?
That's still pretty huge :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Yes. I'm constructing it with 16" tall plywood. I deleted some photos I'll try the viola picture again. Oh well. I tried all three sizes and it seems not to have worked. And I've only got 67 pictures up.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
So the meet and greet went well. Didn't have any of the supplies for her so she's bringing Ellie back tomorrow (also gives the kids one more night to say their goodbyes). She's really about 8 (vet estimate) and is pretty well behaved. She knows hand signs and voice commands. She apparently has some night time urine dribbling so I'll be sure to take her to the vet soon-ish for a urine test. The rescue is very small and has already put like a grand into saving her (heartworm treatment, spay, dental) so I don't feel like they should have to pay out more when they have an incoming pregnant dog. I hope she doesn't already have cancer or develop any soon because I lost my last female dog that bonded close to me at age 5 from cancer.

Here's my past dog, Tika (in loving memory)
ImageUploadedByTortForum1370228187.714793.jpg

This was the last photo I ever took of her since she was feeling good before suddenly regressing as the night went on and have thought of having it turned into a painting.

After seeing her suffering I've decided if any future dog develops cancer I will do my best for palliative care and have them put to sleep kindly before they are in pain after as many weeks/months of spoiling that can be given have been.

Being chosen by doggies is never easy but it is rewarding :) I'll post pictures tomorrow of her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
jaizei said:
All I found online was yellow. :(:( Apparently the white/cream is sold out.

Not sure if it helps, but the designer who made its name is Nate Berkus.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Morning!​

Jeff would have loaded early in the dark am near Portland (Clackus or something?), with luck he has a reload and will soon be heading this direction. I am dreaming of having a "date" Tuesday or Wednesday. :D :D :D
A romantic date of picking up a "stranger" at the truckstop, driving to the Cancer Center to get the chemo pills, then driving to WalMart to get two of his other meds, and then driving him back to his truck. Who says romance is dead? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.