Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenley

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, Az
Cowboy_Ken said:
I'm kind of here. Crazy weather here. I think yesterday, we had a hard time hitting 70f. Today were at 93.2f. UGHHH. How am I to adjust? Air conditioning!

Now 93.7. Make it stop.

It was 118 in Phoenix today lol...

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jenley said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
I'm kind of here. Crazy weather here. I think yesterday, we had a hard time hitting 70f. Today were at 93.2f. UGHHH. How am I to adjust? Air conditioning!

Now 93.7. Make it stop.

It was 118 in Phoenix today lol...

Eek you can keep that heat.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
118 is bad. For us it's the 25 degree change that's melting the cats that don't want to come in the house.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
jaizei said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
jaizei said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
Did you catch under the dome

Have you read the book?

Nope. I think Kings books stopped being good when he stopped use Bachman. Have you read that 4 story book?

Four story?, The Bachman books?
Stephen King's alias Richard Bachman. Some people prefer the stories written as his alias. The book Ken is referring to is a collection of four short stories tittled "The Bachman Books".

Oh duh, I just realized you said that! Sorry I am slow!

Monsters University was funny:)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Of the four, my all time favorite is the longest walk, I think it's called. I feel it should be required reading for every kid going into high school. Nothing is too hard to get through and all. You're still breathing.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Of the four, my all time favorite is the longest walk, I think it's called. I feel it should be required reading for every kid going into high school. Nothing is too hard to get through and all. You're still breathing.

I haven't read those books.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Find it used somewhere. I feel it's worth it. Of the four stories, people are most familiar with Cujo.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
So, I have been a mother for 14 years and have dealt with a lot, but never until yesterday had I dealt with a concussion and "full cognitive rest". Lily flipped over the handlebars of her scooter and landed on her forehead....
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1372473874.634606.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jenley

5 Year Member
Phoenix, Az
CtTortoiseMom said:
So, I have been a mother for 14 years and have dealt with a lot, but never until yesterday had I dealt with a concussion and "full cognitive rest". Lily flipped over the handlebars of her scooter and landed on her forehead....

Oh my goodness!! Poor thing! :(

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Poor Lily!!! That's some goose egg. Yesterday Karen and I stopped at a small country market for corn dogs, as I was parking, we heard a slap noise and I thought I'd ran over a can. As it turns out, a young girl was crying. She'd jumped out of a parked car and started running a d tripped over one of those curb stop. Her hands were very scraped up. That was the sound of the slap on the asphalt. We had ice packs for lower back pain because we're old, and Karen took one to her to help ease the pain. The poor thing. I hope Lily heals well and easy. Do you have Aloe to help ease the scars?

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Ouchie! Hope she's ok!

And when I came into work today someone was also there being trained for the position I usually do. Kind of felt like it was a slap in the face seeing as when I no-showed I could have been lying dead in a ditch somewhere and they didn't even call and ask if I was ok or coming in after the ok 10 minute late period. I think they were happy I came in and I apologized for the mistake but it kind of made me feel like they don't even care. :(

Guess I really am just a pawn to bring in more money to feed the bottom line. And the CEO's pockets.

Thaat's why I kind of want to see about working for the local zoo instead, but can't say no to a solid paycheck for the time being. Ugh, long day and tomorrow will be a longer 9 hour day on my feet.

Our zoo has lots of tortoises and even naked mole rats :) I think they're cute in an ugly kind of way.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I wasn't sure, I thought maybe you were referring to Different Seasons.

I'm kinda glad I read some of his later books before I worked back to the Bachman Books. If I had been alive to read his early books as they were released, I think I would have stopped reading at some point as well. There's something to be said about being able to tell a good story succinctly.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I want to help breed Galapagos tortoises, which they do raise. And they have a lot of lovely radiateds too! But to hold baby galaps would be amazing! :)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
Poor Lily!!! That's some goose egg. Yesterday Karen and I stopped at a small country market for corn dogs, as I was parking, we heard a slap noise and I thought I'd ran over a can. As it turns out, a young girl was crying. She'd jumped out of a parked car and started running a d tripped over one of those curb stop. Her hands were very scraped up. That was the sound of the slap on the asphalt. We had ice packs for lower back pain because we're old, and Karen took one to her to help ease the pain. The poor thing. I hope Lily heals well and easy. Do you have Aloe to help ease the scars?

I am using a topical antibiotic because of her immune issues. The wound had to be debrided and it was so horrible I almost cried! She is back to normal today she just has to take it easy for a few days. I slept with her last night and the first thing she said when she woke up is "do I still have a coma", haha! I laughed so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.