Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijmccollum

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
N. Utah
RosieRedfoot said:
I cleaned the dog yard and brushed the dogs... Too bad it's 90 degrees with 70%+ humidity so I had to take a shower again as soon as I got inside. I had to wear long pants and closed shoes to cleanup the yard due to my mosquito magnetism. Even copious amounts of deet can't keep them away from my tasty tasty blood.
Stop drinking beer, I hear that attracts them!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I had a better day today. :D I'll take slightly at this point.
Mikey made me the tastiest fruit salad for dessert. I love him so much.
I have jury duty tomorrow. I wonder what interesting things I will see. They told me when i got selected that I was not allowed to wear my swimsuit to court and that I need to wear shoes. The funny thing is that someone had to violate that rule to have it added to the recording.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Kerryann, are you serious? Do you really think that it's ok to go to court for jury selection in a bathing suit and sandles? I'm glad you had a good day. About the jury selection, or have you been selected as a juror? If you are selected as a juror, will it be a civil or criminal case?

Kim, where did that come from? Lol
quote='RosieRedfoot' pid='703764' dateline='1374111281']
I hate beer and don't really drink.
[/quote]

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Kerryann, are you serious? Do you really think that it's ok to go to court for jury selection in a bathing suit and sandles? I'm glad you had a good day. About the jury selection, or have you been selected as a juror? If you are selected as a juror, will it be a civil or criminal case?

Kim, where did that come from? Lol
quote='RosieRedfoot' pid='703764' dateline='1374111281']
I hate beer and don't really drink.

[/quote]

Um if it's a day off work for me wearing my bathing suit is in order. Actually I'd freeze my assets off in a swim suit in a air conditioned building.:D I haven't been selected as a juror. I am a horrible liar or i'd say I am gonna lie. My hatred of criminals, animal abusers, child abusers, and people who need a real problem will probably quickly get me DQed.

Melly-n-shorty said:
I would go to jury selection in a bathing suit and sandals if it meant It would get me out of having to do jury duty!

They didn't say I couldnt wear sandals. They said you have to wear shoes which I took to mean non barefoot. I will be in sandals, jeans and a blouse. :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
Ken I'm jealous except not being outside today was a good thing. It was yucky out. It thundered so hard I thought something blew up.
Sibi I'm finally starting to think it's time to move on. I love what I do but I hate not being able to do the best job I can. I don't have a high thyroid or I'd be skinnier. I really like getting to do security, work with clients, have employees, and still flex my technical knowledge but I feel like instead of cutting the low performers they just let the high performers bear the burden.

Hypothyroid or high thyroid makes people gain weight and it is very difficult to lose ir. Hyper thyroid makes you drop weight. I have hypothyroid and gain weight rapidly when my medication needs adjusting. Just so you know:)

Oh & hi. I was just checking out what you all are up to.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
Ken I'm jealous except not being outside today was a good thing. It was yucky out. It thundered so hard I thought something blew up.
Sibi I'm finally starting to think it's time to move on. I love what I do but I hate not being able to do the best job I can. I don't have a high thyroid or I'd be skinnier. I really like getting to do security, work with clients, have employees, and still flex my technical knowledge but I feel like instead of cutting the low performers they just let the high performers bear the burden.

Hypothyroid or high thyroid makes people gain weight and it is very difficult to lose ir. Hyper thyroid makes you drop weight. I have hypothyroid and gain weight rapidly when my medication needs adjusting. Just so you know:)

Oh & hi. I was just checking out what you all are up to.

I suppose I could have dissected the English language to ha ;)
How are you doing?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi Erin:-D So what did you all think about the "not guilty" Verdict on Zimmerman?

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
The beer hating comment came from the page before where someone said Mosquitos like people who drink beer.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
You have a great idea there. I should dress for the beach next time. I have been a juror 3 times. Two civil cases, and one criminal. I don't think I could ever do a death case. It just seems that if you're selected once, they call on you every few years thereafter.
Melly-n-shorty said:
I would go to jury selection in a bathing suit and sandals if it meant It would get me out of having to do jury duty!

Oh yeah, I think I heard that on Dr. Oz today.
RosieRedfoot said:
The beer hating comment came from the page before where someone said Mosquitos like people who drink beer.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

sibi said:
You have a great idea there. I should dress for the beach next time. I have been a juror 3 times. Two civil cases, and one criminal. I don't think I could ever do a death case. It just seems that if you're selected once, they call on you every few years thereafter.
Melly-n-shorty said:

Oh yeah, I think I heard that on Dr. Oz today.
RosieRedfoot said:

You were too good of a juror. :)
I hate mosquitos

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Hi, I'm good. Everyone is healthy and happy and I finally have the taste of Desitin out of my mouth because this morning, half asleep, I accidentally grabbed Desitin (diaper rash cream) and spread it on my tooth brush and was so confused and horrified that it was not as slippery and light as toothpaste!!!!!

Re: the Zimnerman case I honestly didn't know what to think about the trial. It was a terrible tragedy. My main concern was that there was going to be riots because my SIL lives in D.C.. I was just relieved that nothing crazy happened when they read the verdict!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

Jacqui said:
:( I have never even gotten called for jury duty. :(

You wanna go and pretend you are me?;)
Last time I got called I was in the hospital and they didn't believe me. I was like call st joes and ask. They haven't called me again since and that was 2005.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I have been called for Jury duty a few times and I always say no because of child care issues. I get super nervous every time I call them to say I can't and its alway's anticlimactic because they just say.... "ok".

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
Jacqui said:

Last time I got called I was in the hospital and they didn't believe me. I was like call st joes and ask. They haven't called me again since and that was 2005.

Can I??? Ohhhhh please! :D Actually it is something I have always wanted to do. Wish it was allowable to go in proxy for somebody.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
But they called you now, right? I mean, you're going there tomorrow, aren't you?

Jacqui, really you wouldn't want to be a juror. Most of the people they pick as jurors are stupid with a capital S! I would be more afraid of how jurors reason than the lawyers, judge and police combined! In all my cases, i couldn't belie e the stupidity coming out of some jurors mouth! I've had to straighten them out most times. Once, there were the majority against the prosecution and i was the only one who redirected their attention took the the actual charge at hand. No fun, believe me. I did manage to change all their minds.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
RosieRedfoot said:

I read somewhere that an unhealthy person exhales more carbon dioxide than a healthy person and that mosquito's are attracted to carbon dioxide.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:
Jacqui said:

Can I??? Ohhhhh please! :D Actually it is something I have always wanted to do. Wish it was allowable to go in proxy for somebody.
Yes you just take my ID and answer to my name.

sibi said:
But they called you now, right? I mean, you're going there tomorrow, aren't you?

Yep at 8:30 am :p
I'm disgruntled they don't let phones in.

Status
Not open for further replies.