pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
Torty Mom said:
I think I have that book, is it a coffee table book?

No, I think I got the title wrong - it is an old book, it has distribution maps, etc. Some of the data is outdated but it is still a cool book.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kristina said:
Torty Mom said:

No, I think I got the title wrong - it is an old book, it has distribution maps, etc. Some of the data is outdated but it is still a cool book.

Is it the little book? Or is it the one with a green cover? Or...?? I have too many books and I can't recall their titles and am too lazy to get up and check..lol

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
Chat seems to be a favorite here on tortoise forum... I saw the thread 2 pages, come back an hour later 6 pages!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I believe it was the galap at knott's berry farm, when I fell in love.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D so are ya saying we are all a bunch of big talkers on non important stuff?

dbsneed69

5 Year Member
TN
I just called out by one of the IT guys at work!! He called and said that someone was spending a lot of time on a site called tortoiseforum.org. I wonder who that someone could be???? I told him that I would look into it!! So, here I am looking into it.

hehehe silly little IT guy. ;)

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
I was first enamored with RES ~ they were very common in the ponds of the woods where I grew up (SE Michigan). And then when I found the box turtles trying to cross the roads in Kentucky, well, I was hooked. Had to be from afar, didn't know anything about turts or torts, and didn't have time... but now we have RV and feel very blessed indeed.

teri

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Jacqui said:
Kristina said:
Torty Mom said:

Is it the little book? Or is it the one with a green cover? Or...?? I have too many books and I can't recall their titles and am too lazy to get up and check..lol

Nope, it is a hard cover, brown, with color photos in the middle. Like I said it is old, lol.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
dbsneed69 said:
I just called out by one of the IT guys at work!! He called and said that someone was spending a lot of time on a site called tortoiseforum.org. I wonder who that someone could be???? I told him that I would look into it!! So, here I am looking into it.

Are you serious?????

sharkstar said:
I was first enamored with RES ~ they were very common in the ponds of the woods where I grew up (SE Michigan). And then when I found the box turtles trying to cross the roads in Kentucky, well, I was hooked. Had to be from afar, didn't know anything about turts or torts, and didn't have time... but now we have RV and feel very blessed indeed.

teri

Let's see Kentucky would be Eastern box turtles? Is my memory right? So you just looked and never kept one? If so, your stronger then I ever was. :D

Kristina said:
Nope, it is a hard cover, brown, with color photos in the middle. Like I said it is old, lol.

You were 7 how many years ago?

dbsneed69

5 Year Member
TN
Jacqui said:
dbsneed69 said:

Are you serious?????

Totally serious. I don't understand. If my system crashes, I can't get anyone to return a call. If I decide to play on the forum for a little while, I get a call out of the blue. He'll get over it. The most he can do is block the site. He can't block my cell!!!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
LOL that is funny :p

Jacqui, I have always been pretty strong when it comes to leaving the protected ones alone. I would love EBTs, Woods, and Blandings, but, sadly I know better :p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
dbsneed69 said:
Jacqui said:
dbsneed69 said:

Are you serious?????

Totally serious. I don't understand. If my system crashes, I can't get anyone to return a call. If I decide to play on the forum for a little while, I get a call out of the blue. He'll get over it. The most he can do is block the site. He can't block my cell!!!

so your at work?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
to be fair I would not want an employee using company resources on a non business site.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Candy said:
Yvonne, you never said why the lady gave up this tortoise?

Sorry 'bout that...I should have finished the story, huh.

So her husband died in the recent past, and she is now suffering debilitating ill health. Her kids don't want her going into the back yard when no one's there to help her and they talked her into giving up the tortoise. She was in tears. His name is Mr.

I retired from the phone company. Using the computer for internet that wasn't phone company business could get you fired. And they had IT guys that kept track of the online time and where it was. We learned real quick to mind our P's and Q's.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
.So her husband died in the recent past, and she is now suffering debilitating ill health. Her kids don't want her going into the back yard when no one's there to help her and they talked her into giving up the tortoise. She was in tears. His name is Mr.

That is so sad. :( That is how we ended up with Elmer, the DT, I had. He outlived two sets of caretakers.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The thermometer in my truck says its 89 degrees outside. I guess I'll have to take it to the shop. Its at least 135 degrees out there. I'm sweatin' so bad my fingers keep slippin' off the keyboard.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Hot here too. It's in the low 90s but heat index takes it to 100. Sitting here doing nothing but typing and I am sweating.

Status
Not open for further replies.