Prettiest box turtle ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

algoroth1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Thanks for showing him to us. Many years ago I had a very large collection of boxies but only one Eastern had coloration nearing this GC. Really beautiful!
Ron

Instinct

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Upstate New York
He is absolutely stunning!
I'd have to say he is definitely the prettiest box turtle I've ever seen. :)

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Feel free to share the photo if you like. I will do my best to get more shots of him tomorrow on my day off. Thanks again for the comments. He really is my pride n joy. Here is an older shot.ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365046258.300696.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Thanks everyone. I only have sulcatas, p.pardalis, Dalmation Hermanns, & GC box turtles. In the past I've dealt with just about everything but I've narrowed my focus down to those four groups.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Had a second to grab another quick picture of him. EnjoyImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365121821.808575.jpg

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Him next to his older brother . Both gorgeous but he definitely has the edge.ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365124037.339124.jpg

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I've been raising GC since I was five years old. The odds of simply finding colorations like this are slim to none. The VAST majority of the GC down here are plain horn/brown colored (which I still love). Even though I grew up in louisiana this species is still my absolute favorite to work with. I have a few panhandle gulfs which are noticeably different from Louisiana specimens. And these really are highly unusual colorations but that's what makes them even more special to work with. Who doesn't like a Big beautiful box turtle ya know?? Lol

Bighungry83

5 Year Member
I live in south Louisiana and I'm always out in the woods/swamp and never see boxes like that. Nice. Let me know if you ever get babies. I have a sulcata and leopard now but I grew up with boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.