Prettiest box turtle ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Bighungry it's definitely not common. What part of south Louisiana are you from?? Im working on breeding colorful gulfs that will blow some minds. Feel free to MSG me to chat

thea lester

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Orleans, LA
Wow! What a beauty! I have an approx. 5 year old handsome male with pretty vivid coloration, but I have never seen one with such bright and contrasting colors! Gorgeous. How old is he?

My gulfie was rescued from the jaws of a big old boxer dog 3 years ago in downtown New Orleans. He had no injuries, but didn't wanna just put him back in the yard where he came from. Put up flyers around the hood, but nobody claimed him so he lives with me and my 3toed females now. He has hibernated the last two winters and he is voracious and growing like a weed.

Only problem is: my girls harass him endlessly like they wanna mate. They don't get it that he's still a baby! Therefore, I am actively looking for a proper home for him. Let me know if you have any ideas.

I am also looking to adopt an adult male 3toed for my girls.

Congrats on winning the beauty contest!
Thea

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
He is roughly six years old. I actually have an extra male threetoed if you wanted to swap in the future. I love threetoeds but gulf coast is my first love. Thanks again for all the compliments

thea lester

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Orleans, LA
WootWoot! I would love to swap! I really think you'll like the Gulf Coast. I'll take some good pix of him tomorrow and of my current turtle set up so you can see where the 3Toed would live. I say current set up because I'm in the process of building a much bigger enclosure with cinderblock sides, 2 blocks tall, and approx 10 x 13feet. They currently have 8x6 feet with wood sides under pecan trees and I have veggies planted and lots of logs and stuff for them. I feed them every day in spring and every other day or so in summer when their appetites slow down. 2 big water pans, change em every day.
I provide blueberries, peaches, spinach, red-leaf lettuce,carrots, bananas, etc etc and I add calcium twice a month. I keep cuttlebone in their enclosure and they tear it apart. Of course there are lots of natural bugs here for their diet but I find slugs and snails and worms for them also. One time, I saw Juanita catch a fly! It was awesome
I will PM you with my email and phone and we can figure out the logistics.
Thanks!
Thea

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Sounds like you have things under control Thea lol. I'd be happy to chat with you by message, just pm me whenever you get a chance and we can figure things out. Take care

bmt123

5 Year Member
Pardon my asking but how much would a turtle like that set me back.

Status
Not open for further replies.