Proud new RT Mama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desertwalker777

5 Year Member
View attachment 29935

We got our very first Russian Tortoise. Her name is "Tildi" which is short for Matilda Tortuga :D

She's currently rooming (with a divider) with my best friend's tortoise "Boris" until the enclosure I ordered gets here and all the lighting etc...she's going to have a 5 star penthouse suite by the time it's all said and done. This company is custom building her enclosure (indoor) for us:
http://www.cagecompany.com/

I do wildlife rehab and all of my domestic pets have always been rescues. I have never in my life bought a pet store pet but I have to confess that I got my RT from Petco. Every time I went to pick up dog food etc...she caught my eye. She was in a medium sub standard tank with three other tortoises. She's very animated, healthy, and bright eyed. I tried to ignore her...but when I finally broke down and asked to hold her I fell madly in love with her. Even after that...I went home and continued my search for a rescue RT but I just couldn't stop thinking of her and broke down and went and busted her out of Petco...fyi they really need to take better care of their RT's... I've seen worse... but still... eek.

Here's a photo of her :tort:

Last edited by a moderator:

stinax182

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Springfield, Massachusetts
i couldn't see the picture but I'm sure she's beautiful :) I'm glad you rescued her from petco, they are horrible! my Russians are the best, their personalities are so sweet :) enjoy!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The picture didn't show, but Congrats. Excited to see the enclosure you ordered too, along with your cutie tort.

Desertwalker777

5 Year Member
384325_3990449792199_1114964659_n.jpegCan you see her pic now? Not sure why it wasn't showing up...

Last edited by a moderator:

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Well, I am glad you saved her, she looks great.

Just make sure you have your indoor enclosure made as big as you can afford.

Desertwalker777

5 Year Member
UH OH she's a BOY!!! Stay tuned in for name...

Desertwalker777 said:
We got our very first Russian Tortoise. Her name is "Tildi" which is short for Matilda Tortuga :D

She's currently rooming (with a divider) with my best friend's tortoise "Boris" until the enclosure I ordered gets here and all the lighting etc...she's going to have a 5 star penthouse suite by the time it's all said and done. This company is custom building her enclosure (indoor) for us:
http://www.cagecompany.com/

I do wildlife rehab and all of my domestic pets have always been rescues. I have never in my life bought a pet store pet but I have to confess that I got my RT from Petco. Every time I went to pick up dog food etc...she caught my eye. She was in a medium sub standard tank with three other tortoises. She's very animated, healthy, and bright eyed. I tried to ignore her...but when I finally broke down and asked to hold her I fell madly in love with her. Even after that...I went home and continued my search for a rescue RT but I just couldn't stop thinking of her and broke down and went and busted her out of Petco...fyi they really need to take better care of their RT's... I've seen worse... but still... eek.

Here's a photo of her :tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.