Put my tortoise in the wrong encloser!!!

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
So after soaking time, I returned my two hatchling redfoots to their tub enclosers in the tort room.... each tort has their own hatchling tub, then Arty has a tortoise table.
But after a cup of coffee I was back to check on my babies, when I noticed that the wrong baby was sitting in the food dish of the left most encloser!!! They are easy to tell apart really, their markings are very distinct! Well, lucky for their poor ( figuratively or literally???) Mother, the other baby just hid inside the hide while the other one explored the food dish. Whew!
But I was pretty disappointed with myself.

ArmadilloPup

NE Oklahoma
Maybe you did put the baby in the right tub, but after you left it did some top secret Mission Impossible maneuvers to get to the other one's food ;)

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Luckily I saw it relatively soon, so he/she didnt get to roam freely with the other hatchling!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
OK....so why do I get the impression that you were really very, very worried about putting the two hatchlings together? What might have happened? Just wondering.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Oh, I wanted to keep my two new hatchlings from trort storks quarantined .

Jan A

Boulder, CO
So after soaking time, I returned my two hatchling redfoots to their tub enclosers in the tort room.... each tort has their own hatchling tub, then Arty has a tortoise table.
But after a cup of coffee I was back to check on my babies, when I noticed that the wrong baby was sitting in the food dish of the left most encloser!!! They are easy to tell apart really, their markings are very distinct! Well, lucky for their poor ( figuratively or literally???) Mother, the other baby just hid inside the hide while the other one explored the food dish. Whew!
But I was pretty disappointed with myself.
I'd start to worry if you found one of your torts in the refrigerator with your car keys, but that's just me. No harm, no foul. Lesson learned.