Pyramiding?

Shaif

Location (City and/or State)
Pittsburgh, PA
Hi!

This is my sweetie, Zeus. Would you guys mind taking a look--- is there any pyramiding?

I keep his substrate very moist, and have a closed chamber, so humidity is 60% or above at all times. I soak him daily. But I don't mist him or spray his shell, as I don't think he likes it. I also worry that spraying his shell while he is basking may cause some degree of dehydration-- the water will evaporate faster and take more with it. (Think of lips when you continually lick them-- they get even drier.)

Thanks for any tips and advice!ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1476186908.040615.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1476186924.859422.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1476186937.119347.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1476186952.393159.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Looking good so far. It takes some pretty awful care to make your species of tortoise grow pyramided. Keep up the good work.

Most of our efforts toward growing smooth tortoises is regarding leopards, sulcatas, etc. The Testudo species pretty much take care of themselves with a little help from us. If fact, you might be giving him too much humidity. Take a look at Chris's care sheets in the Greek section. I don't think he suggest a closed chamber for baby Greeks.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Also, we need a profile picture to see pyramiding. You can't see it very well looking straight down on the tortoise. Gotta see it from the side.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I think your tort looks great, @Shaif . Just keep giving him daily soaks in warm water and make sure the enclosure is humid enough. That's what I do as I live in Jordan, where the climate is a very dry one.