question about bedding

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
I use the zoo med repti bark in my enclosures on top of coco coir, I've been looking at lowes, home depot and a couple other garden centers for the big bags that are a lot less expensive but every thing I find in the mini nuggets is pine, the repti bark is fir. Will this work or am I just not looking in the right spot or is it the same thing?

Thanks,

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Garden stores package what you're looking for as orchids bark. I also use coco husk fiber. It comes in the same kind of package as Coir.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I found those small bags and it seemed like other stuff was in the bag

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I buy my orchid bark at Orchard Supply Hardware, but I'm pretty sure this is a California based hardware store. It comes in small, medium and large particles and I prefer the small. It's fir bark, but because orchids are sensitive plants, the bark is pretty clean/pure.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I buy my orchid bark at Orchard Supply Hardware, but I'm pretty sure this is a California based hardware store. It comes in small, medium and large particles and I prefer the small. It's fir bark, but because orchids are sensitive plants, the bark is pretty clean/pure.
Do you have a picture of it? I will look on their site.