Rain ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Myrtle Beach SC
Should I rush to put Franklin T. up when it starts to rain? Also, what if it is lighting? He can get to shelter on his own. Sorry for so many questions. :(
Thanks
Jessica

Kenny

5 Year Member
Tempe, Az
As long as he has a shelter to go to that's warm and dry you shouldn't have to worry about anything.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
Kenny said:
As long as he has a shelter to go to that's warm and dry you shouldn't have to worry about anything.
He can get to dry Shelter. But, it is outdoor temperature which is always above 75 degees at this time of the years. So, he should be good.
Thanks very much.
Jessica

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Vegas loves the rain especially if its warm and he has his insulated house to go into if he doesn't want to be in the rain...

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
Hey I am glad to hear that. I worry about the nose holes filling up with water. But, I guess if they drown in rain we would not have any tortoise around.
Thanks for your reply
Jessica
P.S. Vegas is a cool name.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
The only thing I would add is to make certain that if you get a sudden downpour/flash rain that where you keep him at can drain and not flood out :D I live in the high desert and when a flash flood/downpour happens it can really get crazy ...

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
ascott said:
The only thing I would add is to make certain that if you get a sudden downpour/flash rain that where you keep him at can drain and not flood out :D I live in the high desert and when a flash flood/downpour happens it can really get crazy ...
I bet you do get good rains in the desert. Some times we get good down pours but not often. I really do need to keep and eye on him in that case. This fall he will be getting his permant home I hope it will be a shed. (it could be a dog igloo if things don't get better) I will make sure it is high enough so he does not flood. Thanks for your reply.
Jessica

pandacakes

5 Year Member
Oregon
I always rush out go get him cause I'm worried he will drown or get cold lol I live in a really rainy climate and when it rains here, it pours :S

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
pandacakes said:
I always rush out go get him cause I'm worried he will drown or get cold lol I live in a really rainy climate and when it rains here, it pours :S

I worry about Franklin T. because some times it takes him awhile to find the door going out of his cage. Some times it looks like the lights are on but nobody at home. But he may still be young, he is 2 1/2.
Thanks
Jessica:D

Status
Not open for further replies.