Ramming

nicoleann2214

Location (City and/or State)
NY
i just caught my sulcata ramming one of my flower pots? Lol is this normal for not even being one years old? Lol could I have a male?

nicoleann2214

NY
They definitely like to ram & move & shove new things about. Did you recently put that pot there?
No I caught her ramming stuff before in her old enclosure, but yeah it’s in a different spot lol, I have four different camera notifications of her ramming the pot like she’s trying to destroy it ??

Redwood City, CA, United States
the only way I know of to prevent it is to do what they want and leave stuff where they want it lol. they tend to hate when things get changed or moved about
Right?!!!? Ever since my sully was first born, each time I cleaned out his"nursery" enclosure and put his log hide and bowls, etc. where i thought they would look nice.... As soon as I return him to his clean bedding he had to go around, check it all out, smell everything again, then proceed to rearrange it to whatever suited him best ? GOTTA LOVE THEM ??

zovick

10 Year Member!
i just caught my sulcata ramming one of my flower pots? Lol is this normal for not even being one years old? Lol could I have a male?
In my expertence, the males are more likely to do the ramming thing than females, but with an animal as young as yours, it could still be either sex. Just my opinion.

nicoleann2214

NY
In my expertence, the males are more likely to do the ramming thing than females, but with an animal as young as yours, it could still be either sex. Just my opinion.
She does it to the pot almost every day, now she’s moving it farther out. I just caught her doing it again???

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Last night, lol I wish I could post the videos!

You can post the videos by uploading them to YouTube. You Tube provides a link, and you post the link on here.

I don't mean to ruin the fun...it is entertaining to see her push the pot. But the reality is that she wants it gone. Does anybody else wonder if this constant stress might be detrimental to her?