Random question

Location (City and/or State)
California
On my late night pintrest deep dive I noticed some people put rocks in their tortoise’s water dish. Is there a reason for this or is it purely for aesthetic?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
On my late night pintrest deep dive I noticed some people put rocks in their tortoise’s water dish. Is there a reason for this or is it purely for aesthetic?
Its not needed if you use the correct size and type of water dish, and those rocks harbor waste and bacteria. You will get bad care info from the internet. Be careful out there.

California
Its not needed if you use the correct size and type of water dish, and those rocks harbor waste and bacteria. You will get bad care info from the internet. Be careful out there.
that was what I was thinking!! I already change my torts water dish every morning, I cant imagine having to do that in addition to taking out rocks and cleaning them each time.
omg should I be changing it everyday? I always saw ppl mention fresh water at all time. Idk what she does when I’m not watching her but there always dirt in it 😭

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
that was what I was thinking!! I already change my torts water dish every morning, I cant imagine having to do that in addition to taking out rocks and cleaning them each time.
omg should I be changing it everyday? I always saw ppl mention fresh water at all time. Idk what she does when I’m not watching her but there always dirt in it 😭
I dump rinse and refill every day. Scrub as needed. I like to have two of every bowl. I scrub them out under running water, and then let them sit and bake in the hot sun. I rotate through them every day or two, as needed.