Re-home my male adult sulcata.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
Due to my physical condition and my living situation, it is no longer possible for me to continue to care for this sulcata. He's almost 14 years old. I've had him for just about 12 of those 14 years. I didn't have him the first year of his life or about 8 to 10 months in his 2 1⁄2 to 3 1⁄2 year range. He's over 30 inches long. That's straight carapace length. And he's over 20 inches, 20 1⁄2 inches wide. He weighs approximately 125 pounds. He may be heavier, I haven't been able to lift him in several years to weigh him. He does have some pyramiding. He grazes great on grass and chicory and plantains and all the good stuff that he's had in his pen. He will eat hay. He is very sociable and has a gentle personality. He haa a nightbox, insulated nightbox that's good through most of the Southwest, especially in California. It has an oil-filled radiator and a thermostat. He has never dug a burrow, but that's most likely because he has plenty of bushes to hide under and he doesn't get a lot of 105F days. I'm not asking for a fee for this. The home and the tortoise and even the spare 25-pound bag of Maziri that I use to supplement his diet in the winter all goes with him. I'm really concerned that he finds a good home, a caring home, and a place where he can continue a stress-free life, something that I'm now unable to give to him. He has never been around other sulcata and is more of a pet than livestock.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Due to my physical condition and my living situation, it is no longer possible for me to continue to care for this sulcata. He's almost 14 years old. I've had him for just about 12 of those 14 years. I didn't have him the first year of his life or about 8 to 10 months in his 2 1⁄2 to 3 1⁄2 year range. He's over 30 inches long. That's straight carapace length. And he's over 20 inches, 20 1⁄2 inches wide. He weighs approximately 125 pounds. He may be heavier, I haven't been able to lift him in several years to weigh him. He does have some pyramiding. He grazes great on grass and chicory and plantains and all the good stuff that he's had in his pen. He will eat hay. He is very sociable and has a gentle personality. He haa a nightbox, insulated nightbox that's good through most of the Southwest, especially in California. It has an oil-filled radiator and a thermostat. He has never dug a burrow, but that's most likely because he has plenty of bushes to hide under and he doesn't get a lot of 105F days. I'm not asking for a fee for this. The home and the tortoise and even the spare 25-pound bag of Maziri that I use to supplement his diet in the winter all goes with him. I'm really concerned that he finds a good home, a caring home, and a place where he can continue a stress-free life, something that I'm now unable to give to him. He has never been around other sulcata and is more of a pet than livestock.
Sorry to hear this my friend. I'll ask around and see if anybody wants a nice, well-cared for tortoise.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
He would do well with you, Tom!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hi Joe, in the interim I can swing by and help any way that works for you. 215-483-7675 Call me with whatever you need. My backyard is full of other species, I can't take him on myself.
Are you sure you want your phone number out there? I can delete it and you pm it too him

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Hi Joe, in the interim I can swing by and help any way that works for you. 215-483-7675 Call me with whatever you need. My backyard is full of other species, I can't take him on myself.
Thanks. He is being cared for now. In the near future he may need help. I already have your phone number.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Are you sure you want your phone number out there? I can delete it and you pm it too him
It's on my Facebook and on my webpage. No disrespect, but I run a business and don't hide from my customers. Transparency is important. People who do hide their phone are the problem. It's so easy to filter calls, there's no excuse.

Press 1 if your are in awe of my transparency policy.
Press 2 if you are a paranoid person.
Press 3 if you understand English.
Press 4 if you like businesses who hide behind "press".

get Me?