recommended thermostat

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
title say's it all i'm looking for a thermostat that will turn off/on when the temps rise or fall below set points

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
i found that like literally right before i seen this so i'm ordering it my question is is there a probe that reads goes in the enclosure to monitor it? if so do i bury it slighly or just hang it in the enclosure

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Do not bury the probe. That should hang along the wall, a few inches above the substrate.

I have my CHE over the center of the chamber and keep the probe in the far back corner. This way I know that the farthest spot from the heat source is minimally 80F.

M

Maggie Cummings

Medford is 'down there' for me too, but Heater's in SoCal and that's a whole nuther country...:)

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
You got it! btw, are you the one from Medford? I have family up there.. know any Gombergs?? lol

i barely know anyone in medford i've moved a lot lol i'm originally from medford born here but i was raised in Arkansas i just moved back in late 2010 and finished my senior year in high school but from 5-16 or 17 i didn't live here

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
oh i was also wondering if it's possible to pick up one of the hydrofarm thermostats at a store like the grange or something? for some reason i can't log into my amazon account

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I just checked eBay for you but they had none listed. I like eBay over amazon because I can set it for USA sellers only.

keepergale

5 Year Member
san diego
Thanks for the timely recommendations. I ordered one tonight. My current ones cost 3 times as much.

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Thanks for the timely recommendations. I ordered one tonight. My current ones cost 3 times as much.

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

looks like i asked the question at the perfect time then killed 2 birds with one stone lol