Red footed

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Can Red footed tortoise eat squash
Yes. Grate it with a cheese grater so they don't choke on large chunks. Or let them bite off their own chunks with their own mouth. Don't cut it up into chunks for them.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
The pumpkin leaves and flowers are great for them too!

echo722

Slippery rock pa
Can Red footed tortoise eat squash
I'm trying to make up a diet for him since this is my first red footed I had salacutas but didn't know if they r the same diet plus one site says to feed them certain food and another site says totally different diet for him and I just love him and don't want nothing to happen to him

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm trying to make up a diet for him since this is my first red footed I had salacutas but didn't know if they r the same diet plus one site says to feed them certain food and another site says totally different diet for him and I just love him and don't want nothing to happen to him
Redfoot are the easiest to feed by far. They can eat things that could kill some other species. Including a diet of 60% fruit.
Almost any fresh, unseasoned food that you eat...Vegetable, fruit, meat, etc can be fed to a Redfoot. Plus things like flowers and weeds and leaves, cactus and mushrooms.
Variety is the key. Always offer a variety.
It is very different than what a Sulcata requires.
Redfoot have very different requirements.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom