red-footes enclosure

Audrey Anggita

Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
Hi guys, i really need some advice.
on next tuesday i'll got a new red-footed tort which i still don't know where i should put it. i've a plan to make an outdoor enclosure with paving grass, the tempratures here is around 26-30 degrees C at night and 32-35 degrees C at noon.
so is that good for the baby red-footed? or i should to build an indoor enclosure than outdoor?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the :tort: forum!

You needn't worry; you'll get all the help you need. Good luck to you and your tortoise. :)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
thank you.. :) i really need some advice refer to its size.
i'm quite worried. lol
Very sorry, I cannot give you any advice. You're going to be a bit patient till one of the experienced members answer you.

gingerbee

5 Year Member
Washington state
I don't think a baby should be outside all the time. Look in the redfoot section for care sheets. Indoor enclosure are very easy to set up. You can control humidity with a closed chamber. Lots of ideas for the enclosures also. Search Yvonne's baby setup. I believe that's the title. Others will chime in soon. Congrats on your baby!!!

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
I waited until my reds were about 5-6" to keep them outside and even then, I bring them in for the night. You could set up a nice indoor enclosure until he gets bigger. I made mine out of a large Christmas tree bin. My first setup was very small and they grew out of it quickly....ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1431789554.822432.jpg
Here's the Christmas tree bin...ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1431789589.188981.jpg

Audrey Anggita

Indonesia
my baby's size is around 6-6,5 cm. i think that's too small to put at outdoor enclosure, right?
but i have no idea about indoor enclosure, do i have to put it in container plastic before move him out for outdoors?

your enclosure is very attractive!! :<3::<3:

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
I started with a wooden enclosure and the wood swelled a bit from moisture. I think the plastic bins are better because you don't encounter mold or swelling. Plus it holds in moisture well. I also made a ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1431790648.300908.jpghomemade fogger out of a humidifier and tubing.

Audrey Anggita

Indonesia
well i did so many 'research' (re :google ;):D), the conclusion is dont need humidifier in indonesia haha..
well thx guys for you help.
wish my baby would grow up well like yours :):tort:

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Welcome.
Good sites to research Redfoot care are....

Turtletary.com Redfoot Caresheet and The Tortoise Library.
You're so lucky to have the humidity in your country.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
well i did so many 'research' (re :google ;):D), the conclusion is dont need humidifier in indonesia haha..
well thx guys for you help.
wish my baby would grow up well like yours :):tort:
You don't need a humidifier anywhere if you make a proper closed chamber for the tortoise.
(It's also steamy outside here.)

poco

Indonesia
I would suggest keeping it indoor until around 20cm. Even then, you still need to make sure no dogs, cats, or birds get into the enclosure.

On average, humidity is around 80% here. But due to basking lamp, heater, or direct sun, sometimes it might drop to less than 50%. You won't need humidifier, but will want a proper closed chamber for baby tortoises.