Redfoot Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blgreek08

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Beaver Falls, Pa
Ok so i have 2 redfoots that i house together. they get along well so no worries there but there just over 8 months and there starting to grow. right now i have them in a plastic bin that is about 2.5ft long and 1.5ft wide and 6in high or so. for now it is enough space but i know they will need more space soon.

I was looking at this but i dont think its that much bigger :/ http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0070RYV42/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

im not very handy and failed horribly to make them a thing on my own. i would like to keep them together. does anyone have any advice on what to get them and something thats not ungodly expensive. i know they say you cant tell till they are older but i hope to at least have one female. they are more fun and even unfertilized eggs are exciting because its fascinating.
i would think i have one of each because they are young but they look completely different in the area where you look to tell what they are. im prob just crazy cause i want one of each but ya know haha.

again any advice you can give me would be fantastic. thanks ahead of time!

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah, that's very small for RFs. I'd say try and get a family member or friend to help, if you can. I'd come help you, but I'm in Winnipeg, Canada. :D At our local Home Depot, we can get boards cut to size. If you had a plan, do you think you could handle the assembling part?

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Hermann's [TURTLE][TURTLE] & Aussie [DOG FACE][DOG FACE][DOG FACE] (@YWG)

Blgreek08

5 Year Member
Beaver Falls, Pa
it might be possible if i had a plan maybe. i mean i can get boards cut to size at lowes or home depot. it just didnt go very well last time. id like them to have an outside thing as well. i thought that would be easy but again. awful fail haha. i have just been putting them in a dirt filled tub outside since that didnt work out.

would you happen to have plans. im limited on space at the moment. staying with parents till after bootcamp.

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
I don't know how much of a budget you are on but I built myself a nice sized one for about $150. If you really can't find someone to help you, you can always hire a woodworker to build you one. I know a girl who did this and it ended up being way cheaper than the one she was going to buy online. Also, some people use big Rubbermaid tubs as enclosures. You will definitely need more room soon, I was only able to keep my hatchling redfoot in that size enclosure for about 6months.

Blgreek08

5 Year Member
Beaver Falls, Pa
at the moment with moving my budget with moving is kinda zero i just know im going to need to update soon. though if you follow the size chart per enclosure size for now they are ok in the one i have them in. its one of the under the bed bins. so its more spacious floor wise the the high bins.

Status
Not open for further replies.