Redfoot Enclosure

Corvus

Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina
Hey!

I did say I was hopefully going to get a leopard tortoise, but I think the weather in my area is suited better for a redfoot tortoise. My question is how long would a 71x36 mini greenhouse last one? And would that be a suitable enclosure for one anyway? I had seen that other people have used them, but, well, that doesn't necessarily mean it's ideal.

Thanks in advance!

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Hey!

I did say I was hopefully going to get a leopard tortoise, but I think the weather in my area is suited better for a redfoot tortoise. My question is how long would a 71x36 mini greenhouse last one? And would that be a suitable enclosure for one anyway? I had seen that other people have used them, but, well, that doesn't necessarily mean it's ideal.

Thanks in advance!
Yes of course this can be used and it would be great to retain moisture. It's big enough to house a redfoot for quite some time but you do would eventually need to get someting bigger. It could also go in an outside much bigger enclosure in the summer!

Corvus

North Carolina
Thank you! I will build an outdoor enclosure as well, but during very cold or very hot days I was hoping to use that, as well as when it is too small to live outdoors.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
That would last you a few years. They do work well for holding heat and humidity.