Redfoots being picky

w0ikeen

Location (City and/or State)
Ca
Recently I posted something about one of my redfoots being dehydrated, he is fine now. Both of them eat. I noticed they barely eat the veggies and fruit. They seem to mainly want mazuri tortoise diet. Even though I barely give it to them, how would I fix this? I have tried smearing and mixing in the mazuri into the veggies. What else could I try?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Recently I posted something about one of my redfoots being dehydrated, he is fine now. Both of them eat. I noticed they barely eat the veggies and fruit. They seem to mainly want mazuri tortoise diet. Even though I barely give it to them, how would I fix this? I have tried smearing and mixing in the mazuri into the veggies. What else could I try?
Stop feeding it altogether.
When your RF get good and hungry, theyll eat the other stuff.
Then slowly re introduce the Mazuri.
Also, don't keep two Redfoot together. (If you are)

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Redfoots should get protein like for example, hard boiled eggs in the shell and cut in half, plain sardines, boiled chicken. Opuntia cactus is great for them too and mine loved it. They don't have to get the Mazuri at all. Pumpkin leaves and flowers, hibiscus same, dandelions and clover.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Redfoots should get protein like for example, hard boiled eggs in the shell and cut in half, plain sardines, boiled chicken. Opuntia cactus is great for them too and mine loved it. They don't have to get the Mazuri at all. Pumpkin leaves and flowers, hibiscus same, dandelions and clover.
Agreed
MAZURI is an option. It can be used as part of the diet. But it certainly isn't required