Rescued Sulcata WARNING!! GRAPHIC PIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

APBT_Fanatic said:
Thanks everybody, and thanks Maggie! He's here to stay though! :p

I know he is...but I keep trying to talk you out of him as he is just the cutest ever!!! And he would totally fit in here with the rest of my animals who are missing parts...

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
maggie3fan said:
APBT_Fanatic said:
Thanks everybody, and thanks Maggie! He's here to stay though! :p

I know he is...but I keep trying to talk you out of him as he is just the cutest ever!!! And he would totally fit in here with the rest of my animals who are missing parts...

Nice try, but no! Haha!
He, along with my CDT Mojave, are the 2 most friendly/outgoing torts I have. I took some more pics of Cricket today when he was in his outdoor enclosure, and I will upload them right now...

21l99c1.jpg

2lcs07a.jpg

i1fv2f.jpg

20iggfm.jpg

34hc4qw.jpg

8x7zup.jpg

k33fi0.jpg

15q6c93.jpg

w21s2w.jpg

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
Katie rescued Cricket from the CL person in May of last year. At the time, Cricket was approx. 2 months old..... which means, his 1st birthday is sometime soon!

M

Maggie Cummings

He's backing away from the camera...Bob poses for it. Maybe Cricket will learn to pose too. His leg looks good but I worry about him walking on it, it hurts me to see it. How does he get around? Does he act like it hurts or does he have trouble climbing on anything? He is just so darned cute...I wonder what the difference is? He's just a Sulcata yearling, there's lots of them around, but his face is different and he glares at the camera...He just too cute I guess...

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
maggie3fan said:
He's backing away from the camera...Bob poses for it. Maybe Cricket will learn to pose too. His leg looks good but I worry about him walking on it, it hurts me to see it. How does he get around? Does he act like it hurts or does he have trouble climbing on anything? He is just so darned cute...I wonder what the difference is? He's just a Sulcata yearling, there's lots of them around, but his face is different and he glares at the camera...He just too cute I guess...

Cricket sometimes poses for his pictures! :p

No, he does not seem to have any problems getting around, nor does it seem to hurt him or cause discomfort. He navigates himself very well and has adjusted nicely.

His shell, overall, is doing very well. He is alert, eating (LOVES his Mazuri), and is so cute wandering through the grass. I need to cut back some of the actual grass back, but I am very surprised at all the other types of weeds that have popped up!

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
I bet.... your torts would be JEALOUS to see all the different yummy weeds Cricket has in his outdoor enclosure.

The best part? I didn't even need to plant any of them!
The only thing I planted was his ice plants. He had a good time eating his lunch this afternoon, then wandering around, sun basking, and eating some dandelion leaves, etc. :D

Napalmseth

5 Year Member
Coral Springs, FL.
I just joined this forum a few days ago. This is a GREAT community! This story is amazing!!! A dog is a dog!! If they want it, they will find a way to get it. You are doing a phenomenal job with Cricket. Keep up the good work! He's an inspiration.

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Michigan
Just read this thread for the first time. Amazing! Cricket is such a little fighter! I once rescued a Blandings turtle from a guy that thought he was a box turtle. Long story short my dog got ahold of him. It was terrible. Still to this day I have no idea how the dog got in or the turtle got out. But he ended up healing nicely and the vet at my local shelter adopted him to live in his backyard pond.

Cricket is lucky to have someone who cares for him! Cant wait to see how he progresses! Go Cricket!

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
Thank you everybody!
Here are some pictures of his jungle of weeds. I need to cut the grass back a little so there is more of a dirt area (the grass grows like crazy in there!), but as you can see, he likes his grass!

o3brc.jpg

b7gosi.jpg

ermxiq.jpg

rtf9ls.jpg

hwluoh.jpg

20iux5j.jpg

160o4zs.jpg

xo085l.jpg

35k53l0.jpg

teq1

5 Year Member
Texas
I just read this entire thread for the first time......wow!

I am sooo glad he was rescued and that despite everything, Cricket is doing very very well. Go Cricket!!

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Goodjob on tge rescue!
His eyes and nostrils look good!
His shell looks very deformed tho, he has a chance of a better life now,

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
I vote Cricket as the cutest sleeping tortoise! :p
He is soo adorable when he sleeps all sprawled out at night!

I have tried to take pictures of it, but he always wakes up and then glares at me. I did have a poor quality one on my phone. I will see if it is worthy of posting. :)

Alexdeskjet

5 Year Member
APBT_Fanatic said:
It is a bad picture from my phone, but look how cute he is sleeping!

14vlc7a.jpg

APBT_Fanatic i need to telll u tortoise sulcata CRICKET IS A BIG FIGTHER I PROUD OF U AND CRICKET :)

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
Alexdeskjet said:
APBT_Fanatic said:
It is a bad picture from my phone, but look how cute he is sleeping!

14vlc7a.jpg

APBT_Fanatic i need to telll u tortoise sulcata CRICKET IS A BIG FIGTHER I PROUD OF U AND CRICKET :)

Sorry for the late response, but thank you Alexdeskjet!

Short update on little Cricket (sorry no pictures yet).
Cricket is now back on track with his shell growth and is growng smoothly again. He has a new humid hide (along with his old one), that he seems to enjoy using.

All around, he is doing very well and is continuing to grow slowly! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.